• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Please help ID this Crypt?

Shinobi

Hey Guys. Doing preparation for a new layout. Could someone please help me identify the olive colored crypt and perhaps the moss used in this scape:
ADA-Solar-RGB-3.jpg

Now I'm no expert on identifying plants but I'm starting to like crypts a lot and that looks way more like C. petchii to me.

Now I'm no expert on identifying plants but I'm starting to like crypts a lot and that looks way more like C. petchii to me.

That would also be my current guess, but looking at pictures im not interely sure

Bronze crypt is my guess.

Crypt leaf shape & color can change significantly depending on changes conditions but I've never seen Cryptocoryne beckettii 'Petchii' with that degree of "ruffle" on the leaf - mine tends to look pretty much as shown in the Tropica profile photo

I'd try a Crypt wendtii "Mi Oya " variant rather than a beckettii

I'm with Alto on this one, looks suspiciously close to a wendtii. I've got the wendtii brown growing and it could be it's twin, tho mine is way smaller.
It was a display tank from the ADA gallery in Japan as a promotion tank setup for the ADA solar.. Pitty nobody bothered to upload a pig with enough resolution to read the sign on the wall.
ADA-Solar-RGB-4.jpg

I wonder couldn't ADA solve the mystery with contacting them.. Would be a hell of a service if the could. :rolleyes:

I'm with Alto on this one, looks suspiciously close to a wendtii. I've got the wendtii brown growing and it could be it's twin, tho mine is way smaller.
It was a display tank from the ADA gallery in Japan as a promotion tank setup for the ADA solar.. Pitty nobody bothered to upload a pig with enough resolution to read the sign on the wall.
ADA-Solar-RGB-4.jpg

I wonder couldn't ADA solve the mystery with contacting them.. Would be a hell of a service if the could. :rolleyes:

I actually just tried reaching out to their support service mail... guess nothing can be lost from it

McW4OTN.jpg

Alto, this was labeled as a petchii. Look at the big leaf on the left. Lots of fluting / ruffling. In fact, the reason why I'm looking to get some is because of that characteristic.

I have both wendtii green and brown AND I'll also be the first to agree that leaf shapes and colours can be frustratingly inconsistent from one plant to another even if they're all in the same tank.

Back