• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello

Robert Stedall

Seedling
Hi

I wanted to post just to say hello. I am new to aquascaping and at the moment have a small 30 x 30 x 30 converted tetra art tank. This was a gold fish tank which I started looking after for my kids, it has scratches (unfortunately) on the front glass but holds water. Removed the top frame and hood as the light cable had perished, and was not replaceable...

I have always been interested in fishkeeping (had a 150cm Malawi tank in my bedroom as a teenager). And a smaller community tank (90cm) before that.

After visiting the local aquarium and seeing the amazing aquascaped tank, I decided to take on the challenge. I have to say I am continued to be amazed by the generosity of this community all over the world. Everyone is willing to give you advice but you are all true artists, with some amazing tanks.

I have decided to stick with small tank but invest slowly in equipment for a bigger tank, so currently dose daily with George's new fert, recently upgraded from canned CO2 to soda stream adapted setup (thanks Dave at Aquarium Gardens), and Zetlight. I think next step might be external filter, just removed the internal as there is such little space and have since found it unnessary with a weekly 40% change. The CO2 and light are on separate TP-Link wifi plugs.

Looking forward to learning more about tank photography and more in depth technical setups.

Thanks for reading
Rob

Hi Rob,
Welcome! Nice words about community, indeed is same all over the world. This is what happen when a passion/hobby bring together people.
Good ideea with changing the internal filter. Wish you luck in new project and keep us posted.

Hi

I wanted to post just to say hello. I am new to aquascaping and at the moment have a small 30 x 30 x 30 converted tetra art tank. This was a gold fish tank which I started looking after for my kids, it has scratches (unfortunately) on the front glass but holds water. Removed the top frame and hood as the light cable had perished, and was not replaceable...

I have always been interested in fishkeeping (had a 150cm Malawi tank in my bedroom as a teenager). And a smaller community tank (90cm) before that.

After visiting the local aquarium and seeing the amazing aquascaped tank, I decided to take on the challenge. I have to say I am continued to be amazed by the generosity of this community all over the world. Everyone is willing to give you advice but you are all true artists, with some amazing tanks.

I have decided to stick with small tank but invest slowly in equipment for a bigger tank, so currently dose daily with George's new fert, recently upgraded from canned CO2 to soda stream adapted setup (thanks Dave at Aquarium Gardens), and Zetlight. I think next step might be external filter, just removed the internal as there is such little space and have since found it unnessary with a weekly 40% change. The CO2 and light are on separate TP-Link wifi plugs.

Looking forward to learning more about tank photography and more in depth technical setups.

Thanks for reading
Rob

Hello and welcome to the forum Robert!

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back