• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tangled Roots

Nice!

Looks like N or P deficiency?

My tank is at 28degrees celsius this summer and the only plants suffering are mosses, particulary the fissidens which is getting Brown.

Nice!

Looks like N or P deficiency?

My tank is at 28degrees celsius this summer and the only plants suffering are mosses, particulary the fissidens which is getting Brown.

I don't know for sure because I'm not a big fan of water tests , in fact I don"t do any I rely only on observation and my experience.
I'm using Dennerle ferts which are concentrate and I'm dosing three times the normal dosage .
I think maybe is about an K (potassium) deficiency because I've seen some holes in Bucephalandra and Hygrophila Pinnatifida leaves and I began to put it extra, but will have to see if this is the case. :)

And the letter from Japan arrived !...me happy ! :)

Attachments

• Untitled design.jpg
    Untitled design.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 195
Hi guys,
long time no see :p , this are some pictures from 05.11.2017 (day 573 of this setup).
I decide to "punish" a little my tank and so for about 2 months now I'm not doseing liquid carbon anymotre and for approx. 1 month it's runing also without pressurized CO2 and countdown continues ... from what I've seen until now is that Bucephalandra grows even healthier without CO2 :D , the most affected plants by the lack of CO2 are Hygrophila Pinnatifida and Eleocharis pusilla and luckly no real problems with algaes , at least not for now. I have some GSA on the wood and some leafs wich is normal regarding the power of the lamp and a little BBA here and there caused by the heat in the summer. So pretty much all is going very well.
Hope you like it :):

38162806756_d4860f9eb2_z.jpg
38218586501_0c345bf913_z.jpg

37507769184_8f9ff155ea_z.jpg
24366058998_0ee9208d6c_z.jpg

Nice pics but some of your plants looks hungry! :)

Yep , you're right ! ...after "playing with fire" for aprox. two months (runing the tank without CO2 and liquid carbon ), I decide it was time to stop this becuase some species of plants were suffering. In fact the only plants that were really benefiting from al this "madnes of mine", were Bucephalandra species, curiosly they were doing better withot CO2 if you can imagine that! :lol:

So after starting dosing back CO2 and some liquid carbon the plants are doing pretty good, hopefully I will put some picture soon. ;)

Last edited:
You don't need any toxic ´liquid carbon' (Glutaraldéhyde ) if You're using pressurised CO2, your livestock will thank you for not dosing this thing.
;)

Back