• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Force Awakens

Hi everyone !
As my aquascape matured I've felt like the force was "unbalanced" due to the rock in the background; so , I decided to make a change ; it took me half a day, not to mention the time spent to find the wood ; but I think it was worthy ; and H. pinnatifida needed a cut too; I was very frustrated with this plant in my previous tank, so when I see it growing so well I have some difficulties in pruning it regularly, also I know it's necessary, but still.... urghhhhh ! :D:mad::D:banghead:

Before

20160911.jpg

And after...

20160910.jpg

Next step will be the light; for some reason I find that the back of the tank is too dim; I currently have an Aqualighter 3 , 30 cm, which produces 2150 lm and the stock Dennerle Scaper's LED; I think the best choice would be an Ecotech Radion XR 15 FW ; I only wish that Christmas would come early this year ;)

Hi everyone !
It's BUBBLE PARTY ! :)
I don't know about you, but I just love to sit in front of the aquarium, just looking at it; I find it very relaxing; and about this one, I love the mix between H.pinnatifida, P. helferi and M. hirsuta ; " Species mixing with species " ;)

20161010.jpg

20161011.jpg

20161012.jpg

Hello guys; it's been a while; nothing new; I'm still trying to get emersed growth from pinnatifida and more recently P. helferi; it's much easier with Bacopa, which is basically a marsh plant; my fertilizer regimen got approved ;)

20170113.jpg

on two other forums some voiced their concern regarding the penetration and the coverage of this light unit; so I would like to address this concern with a photo taken with a dedicated camera; 90 % intensity and 8000 K; but it's true that this light unit blindingly bright, instead it has "natural hue " which seems to be Kessil's signature

p1230010.jpg

Plants look lovely and natural, but I miss those really cool striated rock formations!

what can I say ; wrong choice of plants; they overgrew the hardscape :) or the wrong hardscape for the chosen plants :)
either way , I would like to start a new project with this tank ...... in the near future

That Kessil light realy is the Han Solo touch.. :) Looking good.. Nice lamp.. Nice tank too.. :clap:

This one has become overgrown ; H. pinnatifida got completely out of control ; the initial idea was to create a bush, but instead I ended up with a lot of runners; anyway this plant was too big for this tank; so time to make a change : HP out and a healthy chunk of P.helferi ; some 10 R. galaxy joined the tank and they immediately settled in , like it has been their home since forever ; cool ; not at all skittish as I was let to believe reading here and there

Hi everyone
After a month with no maintenance - except compensating the evaporation - Bacopa has overrun the tank :)

20170812.jpg

20170811.jpg

Back