• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New regulator, blue drop checker

Fran

Hi all, I changed my reg last week to a co2art dual stage reg. Now I cannot get a green drop checker. I am using a original Up Aqua inline diffuser on my 200L tank. I used to always get a green DC with about 3 tp 4 bps. Now its constantly blue. I have checked for leaks and all seems fine. I can get as much bps into the bubble counter, no problem. I can also see a very fine mist all over the tank. I have changed the DC fluid too. No joy. I am running the reg at about 2 bar or 30 psi. Could this be the problem? This is very confusing as I can actually see the co2 in the tank. As always, any help/suggestions are appreciated.

am running the reg at about 2 bar or 30 psi. Could this be the problem?

Should not be the cause of the problem. Since the diffuser is the one which dictates the output pressure at the very end. If you keep bubble rate the same and are using the same diffuser, the amount of CO2 entering the tank is the same. We need to increase the reg's working pressure only when the bubble rate is not stable due to the resistance of the diffuser is too close to the reg's working pressure.

The difference between 3 and 4 is 33%, quite big. I would try increasing it to exact 4 BPS. I also still suspect there may be a leak somewhere.

On my 500l Tank if I ran the twin up inline atomisers at the pressure on the Duel stage reg it took for ages to get to DC to change green. turned up the working PSI a bit, BBS when up and time to get green DC when down. (Well using pH probe so time to get pH changed OFC but same difference)

Do you still use the same bubble counter? If not, the bubble size may not be the same as the old one and you will have to "re-establish" your bubble rate.

Hi guys. Thanks for replies and sorry for long delay in getting back here. Have been busy in work. I have since gone back to my old bubble counter (due to im's comment above) and changed the tubing in case of a leak. I am quite happy there is no leak. I am now at about 4 bps as I was on my old set up. Still blue DC. However, I can see a large amount of bubbles in the tank, like 7UP. I am very confused about this situation. Mt tank is on hold at the moment i.e. lights off. Luckily its mostly moss in there and its surviving okay. I need to get to the bottom of this.

I have changed the drop checker solution but I am now wondering if it has a use by date. Anybody know?

I think pre mixed drop checker solution has a self life of 6 months. If your certain there is no leak.
I would try new solution in the drop checker see if this helps.

Okay. So I binned the premixed solution and am using a 4dkh water and 2 drops of an old ebay bottle of test liquid that came from China. I must say that I now have a green drop checker. I have ordered a fresh bottle of pre mixed solution but I now believe that it was the fault of the test solution. Thanks for the replies guys.

Back