• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My First Planted Tank (The End) Juwel Rio 125

Re: My First Planted Tank - Juwel Rio 125

samc said:
someone was selling some aquasoil on here you should get hold of them ull get it cheaper then. ill allways remember your tank though as it was how i found the ukaps website :D
I will have a look to see who has any otherwise will have to visit one of the sponsors sites hehe I did bring a few here with my journals all over the place hehe seems like you making a home here now ;)

keymaker said:
Excellent scape mate ;) , it's a shame you published the full tank shot, now you won't be able to nominate it to the ADA. :)
I will make some adjustments and submit it hehe ;)

jay said:
Sure it's a shame that this 'scape ended. It was very good. But now you can show of some of that obvious talent you have with a clean start. Good luck mate.
This went from a goldfish tank to a hight tech planted in the last 6 years, so now its time to do a complete makeover, but until I get all the bits and pieces sorted I am going to do a quick rescape to keep the plants I want alive ;) cheers

simondoherty1 said:
I assume this is still the EX1200, where did you you get it "pretty cheap"? I'm after one and knowing you, you've done your homework.......
After some research I found out that the site selling it is not that reliable, part of the Living Seas group, I did find another site that sells it for £63 but didn't find any reviews about it and no one seems to know about it either. I will keep looking.

joyous214 said:
oh i really like it. The jungle mess looks good. Well im always after some plants, most my shops here are poorly stocked at the moment.
All plants available are being posted in the sales section, keep an eye on it ;)

After a clear out of the plants has you might have noticed in the Sales section, this is what the tank looks like:

pict0004ip8.jpg

Just organized it like this until I get all the bits and pieces sorted, still hunting for the EX1200 filter, if anyone knows where to get it cheap from a reliable source let me know, I have seen it for about £79+del from a good source.

I have some glosso too in a maternity unit near the surface which I might want to use in the next scape. I might plant it in the gravel until I get everything sorted out, still pumping CO2 and ferts to maintain plants healthy, most of my mosses turned to brows much, only have very little of some of them which I doubt will survive.

Can't wait to gey my hands dirty in some aquasoil hehe :)

Hope you get rid of that blue background.

You're better than that LD. ;) :lol:

I agree, the blue background isn't really doing much for the tank. I like the layout though!

jay said:
Hope you get rid of that blue background.
You're better than that LD. ;) :lol:

Its black on the other side lol just been lazy to reverse it, moss wall used to cover it all ;)

steve2tanks said:
Got my tetra tec ex1200 from here along with few other bits and had no problems with them http://www.warehouse-aquatics.co.uk/tet ... -900-p.asp
Many thanks for the link :) I will give them a look.

Thomas McMillan said:
I agree, the blue background isn't really doing much for the tank. I like the layout though!
Thanks and that blue background is going for sure ;)

Planning for my next scape, was just playing with the background, what do you guys think looks best????
I am going to use more redmoor and rocks, not sure yet of mini landscape or something else like pagoda.

Original I had for ages blue:
pict0110bx3.jpg

Reverse in black:
pict0130pc2.jpg

Or no background, white wall behind:
pict0121oo2.jpg

Fauna I have at present in this tank:

2 x Bosemani Rainbows (breeding pair) + soon 4 two month old fry
3 x Ottos
6 x Harlequin Rasboras (will add more when new scape is in place)
1 x Clown Pleco (was my first fish purchased and won't part with it, its about 6 years old)
1 x Red Betta Splender (missus idea!!!)

obvious answer from me as I like the clean clear back look. I like the last one too :)

AC

I actually think the greyish background looks class.

I love how your scape is coming along now, looks proper good. It just has a good feel about it.

Many thanks guys :) I think I will leave it without the background too and see, can always shine a light behind and change colours for photography that way ;)

There is no scape really, I just arranged stuff like that to make it look decent as its in my living room until I decide what to do with it next. Just wanted to keep the plants I wanted alive until I go all out for it.

Before I do anything I will upgrade the filter, install a DIY CO2 reactor (made by Ed) and buy some Aquasoil Amazonia. But things are on hold at the moment due to some bad news last week regarding work!! c'est la vie!

I've always been a massive fan of your scapes individualism. I think you should ditch the red rood and the landscape rock idea. Go out and got some really good heavy wood, and some nice cobbles. Think Cau meets river bed. I think this would suit you so much better as the unusual elements are always so well executed in your sacpes.
Good look, Paulo.
For the record, the clear back ground is the nicest. just need to get rid of that internal filter. :lol:

Garuf said:
I've always been a massive fan of your scapes individualism. I think you should ditch the red rood and the landscape rock idea. Go out and got some really good heavy wood, and some nice cobbles. Think Cau meets river bed. I think this would suit you so much better as the unusual elements are always so well executed in your sacpes.
Good look, Paulo.
For the record, the clear back ground is the nicest. just need to get rid of that internal filter. :lol:

I would totally agree with this, but I do think the redmoor branch and the log going the length of the tank across the substrate works so well.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I do also prefer it without the background which has now gone :)

Thomas McMillan said:
I would totally agree with this, but I do think the redmoor branch and the log going the length of the tank across the substrate works so well.

The log belongs to the shrimp tank, its only in there as I am doing some work on the shrimp tank as it was getting messy in there. I am a fan of redmoor after getting that piece at MA a few months back, a few more in the of a similar shape branching into the middle of the tank or an island scape with branches coming off the middle with fissedens would look cool.

Back