• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Road to IAPLC 2017

Some small problems with the dosing pump. The phosphate pump dumped in way more than I wanted and the nitrate pump was stuck, so was almost zero resulting in a little algae in the moss right below the light:

15x203r.jpg

So I bought an ARKA dosing unit, love it!!
Another problem is that the algae eaters love the Cardamine a little too much, maybe I need to swap it for another plant:

5e8w1t.jpg

Another problem is that the algae eaters love the Cardamine a little too much, maybe I need to swap it for another plant:

Had the same issue with reineckii mini just a few days ago. There appeared to be to little algae for my massive amano's. Providing the algae eaters with more alternative food sources (think zucchini / algae pellets) has solved the plant nibbling untill now.
Just thought i would share :)

The damage to the Cardamine is less since I doubled the amount of green food. Moss is still having a tough time. Only emersed and right in front of the filter outlet with the CO2 reactor it's nice and green. I raised CO2 a little to check what will happen.

And off course, a journal can't contain only nice photo's, so here some photo's from the trouble:

28bejw0.jpg

330tsp0.jpg

Attachments

• 330tsp0.jpg
    330tsp0.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 282
  • 28bejw0.jpg
    28bejw0.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 137
  • 28bejw0.jpg
    28bejw0.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 128
  • 28bejw0.jpg
    28bejw0.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 139
  • 28bejw0.jpg
    28bejw0.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 141
  • 28bejw0.jpg
    28bejw0.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 151
  • 330tsp0.jpg
    330tsp0.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 147
  • 330tsp0.jpg
    330tsp0.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 129
  • 330tsp0.jpg
    330tsp0.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 125
  • 330tsp0.jpg
    330tsp0.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 145
Great scape. What fish do you have in there? Never seen some of them before
Most fish are quite common. Otocinclus, Trigonostigma espei, Paracheirodon simulans, Nannostomus marginatus and the little less common Alestopetersius caudalis and Hisonotus leucofrenatus. Lots of shrimp, some Panaqolus to keep the wood clean and some other L-numbers because I love them (a group of L136c and a L240).

A long overdue update.
At the closing date for the IAPLC I thought the tank didn't look mature enough. So I enterred the contest with an iwagumi 90P which looked fine at that moment.
I did enter the Dutch NBAT contest with this tank. So I received multiple housevisits from judges to see how the tank was doing and made it at least to the last 12, but need to wait till end november for the result. This was how the tank was looking when the judges came:

3522h75.jpg

Very nice! Wood placement is top notch! :)

Too bad that moss looks in bad shape, what are you dosing? Do you got enough flow?

Very nice! Wood placement is top notch! :)

Too bad that moss looks in bad shape, what are you dosing? Do you got enough flow?
Thanks!

The moss is in almost perfect shape. The Congo tetras are taking bites now and the, but I just took most of it off. It took me 3 hours every few weeks to trim a bucket full off. Besides that I wanted to expose the wood a bit more.

Made a box last week which holds my Apex computer and all Powerplus and cables. I can open the front of the box and access everything if I need to. I installed a DJ switch so I don't need to pull cables out anymore and I bought a cheap 8 inch tables which I use to display my Apex measurements instead of the ugly display that comes with it. The tablet is connected with Velcro tape so I can take it off and use it to show ideas to customers.
c2301176cdd1bf81dfbe0f0c0749193a.jpg

Last edited:
Changed the background plants. Trimming a bucket full of Pogostemon every week was no longer my thing. I was looking for a bright green plant but all of them seemed to grow quite fast. Till I stumbled upon Cyperus helferi, so I bought a few dozen of those to swap the Pogostemon out. Still a little small but it looks more tranquil already. What do you think?

1fwbb8.jpg

invcz8.jpg

Back