• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 Ohko Fire

Would seem i need to lift the rock under the line. What do you think? Is the kink ok? Lifting is easy, but putting it back down would be a pain.

2443cw4.jpg

Just come across your thread, really like it. Rock height seems ok, once filled and planted you have loadsa space above, illusion of having a sky. If you put another circulation pump the opposite side and have one species of fish then they'll imitate birds flying over a landscape with the circular water flow ... Just a thought

Thanks colm and grathod!

Yes, that rock under the line in the pic above was raised a little bit. Perhaps 1 inch. Can't think of anything else to tweak, at least not yet.

Once I got the filter running all was going well until I noticed a pool of water coming from under the filter (a fluval g6) after just a few hours. The filter sits in a baking tray, and all the electrics sit on a shelve above the filter.
So not a major disaster. I pulled out the gasket, re-greased and replaced it up the other way 'round. Seems to have done the trick. It's been running fine for the past 24hrs.

One species of fish is what I'll do. Green neons would be great, but pricey. Bird flying paints a nice image, thanks grathod. I don't have the circulation pump shown in the pic running right now. While clean the g6 pumps out more than enough flow. But it won't last for all that long. It a weird filter. It looks nice, but I can't say I use any of it high tech features.

Planted a little mc at the front (pulled from another tank) and got 8 pots of hc. Plan on planting the hc this Friday.

Ended placing the circulation pump on the right, pushing the flow towards the intake. Seems to make a nice circular flow. I have a diffuser under it (not sure if I'll keep it there as I have a reactor running too).

2drqsl.jpg

One day Edvet, one day.

Unfortunately the 4ft (the brand is Fire) is a cheaper knock-off of the 2ft (CADE). I guess to cut expenses Fire used less materials and the the stand ins 5cm shorter.

btw, there's a third tank (1ft) to the right. Just pulled it apart today and got it going again, just enough to be home for crs. I'll do a proper rescape soon.

So that's the 60*45*45 cade ? What do you think of the dimensions? I'm interested in one but I'm not sure about it being that deep and high. It's almost a cube. Love your work by the way.

Hi Jack

I really like 60x45x45. Small footprint, enough height for scapes with stems. CADE is very nice, but I'd recommend the FIRE brand. Both brands make excellent tanks, but FIRE is much cheaper. CADE stands are superior to FIRE stands, but again, the price differential makes FIRE the better choice. For example the two tanks/stands in the picture above (CADE 2ft and FIRE 4ft) cost the same, $800.

Back