• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

James ADA 60p Iwagumi Journal

Looking good, did you end up tweaking / changing your co2 schedule at all?

Thanks.

I started doing big water changes every day for a week or so, knocked the led setting down, I chopped back the carpet and removed as much algae as possible and starting spot dosing it with liquid carbon. Once I added live stock I found I could tweak my co2 better as I knew how much I could have in there, I have to say though once I added 5 nerite snail & 5 anamo shrimp they really went to town and polished up the tank amazing, I'm more then sure it they have made a huge difference to the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Small update, tank is doing very well now and growing in nicely. All plants looking green and healthy. Started changing my tap water over to Ro water with a 50% change to start putting in my crystal red shrimp and any other culls I have, my red rili shrimp are breeding good, have 3 berried already.

6352e404790c83700c1bc00b075ce302.jpg

12c1897d1471aa51232e9cea14185626.jpg

5c0dc153fa336cfb1c1c60cacd459dee.jpg
726b60adf8ba2ddf1afbc664e901391a.jpg
42e51c38494bd686d1c2b82d469b0e14.jpg

Good afternoon,

Glad to hear that all is on the track right now!
Good work and very good looking tank indeed.

Big hug

Looking good

What do you think about the dwarf hair grass pushing up shoots throughout your carpet?
That's happening to me and don't think I'm keen on, think I'm going to put down a barrier.

What have you got your led set at now?

Awesome come back from the algea invasion,
High maintenance and patience seemed to pay off nicely.
Great journal, as said above this will look ace once fully grown in

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Looking good

What do you think about the dwarf hair grass pushing up shoots throughout your carpet?
That's happening to me and don't think I'm keen on, think I'm going to put down a barrier.

What have you got your led set at now?

I sort of regret adding it as I feel it may take over my Cuba carpet, I have see some nice mixed DHG/Monte Carlo carpets though.

Led is set to setting 3 on for 6 hours, may up it a bit soon though.

Looking good - what would you say is the main thing preventing your algea growth now things are settling?

Thanks, I think finding the right balance of all the elements of co2 ferts, I change the jbl e901 out for the ehiem pro 600 and got the on full strength so it could be the extra flow as well. Nerite snail are also awesome workers.

Awesome come back from the algea invasion,
High maintenance and patience seemed to pay off nicely.
Great journal, as said above this will look ace once fully grown in

Thanks for your kind words, there was a point I was going to give but thought I won't learn anything from that. I knew it was going to be a learning curve I enjoying it so far.

Thanks for your kind words, there was a point I was going to give but thought I won't learn anything from that. I knew it was going to be a learning curve I enjoying it so far.

I made that error once before ..... had a load of melt and algea after a dry start.
I didn't have any patience at the time and hacked it all away
I do have another dry start under way now though.
But I enjoyed reading through this journal.... gave me confidence the next time I have a serious meltdown
Cheers

I made that error once before ..... had a load of melt and algea after a dry start.
I didn't have any patience at the time and hacked it all away
I do have another dry start under way now though.
But I enjoyed reading through this journal.... gave me confidence the next time I have a serious meltdown
Cheers

Thanks, and best of luck for next time.

New photo update

Tank has been running for about 10 weeks now, Ive up the light from 6 to 7 hours daily now, still have it on setting 3, been thinking about up the light level one more but worried about disturbing the balance but thinking I could get the Cuba growing faster. The Dwarf hair grass is proper invading the Cuba carpet now unsure if I like it at the front I think it looks quite nice in between the rocks though.

6ba9db24ae25e6d606708b35519d4bb3.jpg

bb2b3769c88aba74b453b5c424caa7dc.jpg

d7e95407529da720b033fc86accd8325.jpg

10fdc32ed6fdbdcc95cced1a76667cfc.jpg

d1cb85f289b51e74ec1ec71d6c2ad2c9.jpg

First trim on the carpet today, can see the rocks again now. I’ve fitted the new lily pipe & give the filter a clean.
e71634ac58d70382075ac6800fdbe016.jpg

4991dfc48812b3426471ff24f7321c4b.jpg

9d93bc27831faf245fa1b5a82cd9f748.jpg

Unsure whether to trim the blyxa down and maybe plant some the other sides, any thoughts of anyone on the idea?

Looking good, I like the idea of adding more blyxa to the right hand side

Back