• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Adrian Parsons

Seedling
Hello,

Have just created a shrimp only tank after a number of deaths via Glo light Tetras !!! Hoping they will finally breed ! (Everyone says it is so easy)have only bred once in nearly 8/9 months!!!
Any advice on anubias bonsai much appreciated, will be picking some up at the weekend!
Also hoping to pick up some Otos, as heard they are the only real shrimp safe fish !!

Welcome :)
Which shrimp are U going for (Cardina or neocardina)
Neos are quite easy to keep and trive in various conditions while the cardinas require a bit extra.
I am on shrimp only wave too atm.I have bread successfully neocardina in various high tech setups but now in my soil low tech I am also strugling and had babies once after about nearly an year.Some of that is because I got only few(6) at first and they all turned females.Then had to get males (6)and while they matured took time but never got lucky with babies so then got more females (6)and when they turned maturity one finaly got berried.I have about 7 females now with 5 males (after some died of due to molting issues over time)and they were all saddled a week ago but now the saddles are gone.My tank is very heavily planted and maybe the males cant find the females when the time comes and they molt.
Anyway maybe more to start with next time.
Ottos are sensitive fish in the first 3 to 4 weeks when U buy them.U will really want to have mature aquarium to introduce them to.
About the anubias is goot to have it in a shaded conditions as is very prone to GSA.It feeds of the water column and U need some complete fertiliser that will provide all nutrients. It does really well if the roots reach the substrate (but that doesnt mean that it need to be planted wuite the opposite attach it to wood or rocks)
Regards Konsa

Hi Adrian and welcome to ukaps. Please post your enquires in the relevant forums, you are more likely to find or receive answers. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back