• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120cm - South East Asia

gratts said:
Great tank!
Any chance of a plant list?

Cheers..
Thanks!

Hemianthus callitrichoides,
Staurogyne sp.,
Blyxa japonica, Pogostemon stellata,
Microsorium pteropus,
Anubias nana,
Vallisneria nana,
Cryptocoryne balansae

luismoniz said:
Very nice George, how many ml of tropica do you add dayly on this layout?

Regards,

Luís
Thanks!

10ml per day I think. My water is hard with high NO3 and PO4.

Hi George, have you got a driagram showing the positioning of the two filters and flow partners?
I would be really interested to see that as I am thinking of putting two externals in my tank. Cheers

Aye, can just make that out via the first pic. Just trying to figure out what brand the pipes are. The only black pipes I know are JBL...

Oh ok, thanks George.
That's good to hear about the Pro 4. I have a Supafish aqua pro 1. Not bad for the price, no self prime though, and the tubes were green before I changed to black JBL. Might upgrade it...
Keep up the good work :)

hi George i think this is my favorite tank of yours also just wondering what make of light you have above the tank and is black?

muckagee said:
hi George i think this is my favorite tank of yours also just wondering what make of light you have above the tank and is black?
Thanks.

It's an Arcadia Overtank Luminaire. Arcadia have replaced this with their new OT2 unit that looks sleeker. Both are an aluminium finish. It's the photo/lighting that makes it look black.

Awesome tank George Farmer! I can't help but simply love all your tanks!
I have just one question. Can you tell me more about this way that you inject your co2 into the tank? How do you get it to go in the filter and come out totally dissolved in the water?

Cyworld said:
Awesome tank George Farmer! I can't help but simply love all your tanks!
I have just one question. Can you tell me more about this way that you inject your co2 into the tank? How do you get it to go in the filter and come out totally dissolved in the water?
Thanks!

I used a Rhinox 5000 diffuser placed underneath two filter inlets together.

Aeropars said:
I'm amazed by how clean your tanks look george. How on earth do you do it? Not a spec of algae or detrius in sight!
Thanks!

No secrets - a combination of good filtration/circulation, appropriate lighting (not excessive intensity or photoperiod), good CO2 and other nutrients, plenty of maintenance (removal of unhealthy leaves, pruning, water changes, glass cleaning, filter cleaning etc.)

Back