• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

my first tank osaka 260l tank

lee

Seedling
this is my first planted tank,i am going to do a planted discuss tank once the tank has established,it is 5 weeks old,im a total beginer at this planted tank stuff,just trying to learn,having a few teething ploblem,some of the plants are doing well,some are not,dont no why,here are some pics and my set up.....

osaka 260l,filtrationf fluv 305 lph1000,power flow koralia 2 600gph,co2 500gbottle,home made reactor,eco complete substate,uesing ro water1/4 tap 3/4 ro,ph6.8,kh5gh,gh8dh,temp 80c,lights 8 hour a day,dry ferts rotine off james tank

Re: my first tank osaka 240l tank

well done for your first attempt, I am in the same boat as you first attempt, then after a couple of week you think ? well i wish i had bought that other plant or I wish I had planted that one there instead of here - i am still playing around with mine cannot get it right.

Regards
paul.

Looks like a good start but i agree it needs some hardscape in there ;)

How much lighting have you got? Looks good, but i agree it could do with some hardscape to not only break up the planting, but also to compliment it 8) And it would be nice if you've got some pictures of when you first planted it, just for comparison ;)

Get some Redmoor wood, would look great. Really nice tank though, well done.

cheers for the advice took on bould some of the coments,was not happy with my tank,just wasnt looking right,needed somthing else,went and brought some wood and redone it,once it starts filling in i think it will look alright,cutting the lighting down to 2x39w t5 bulbs for 9 hours, instead of 3x 39w wot i was running,hopfully that will sort the problems i was having out...... :D

Back