• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Having another bash

Del your tank is looking so much better. This thread has been supplied with some great advice from ceg and taken in by you are its working a treat.

:thumbup:

LP

Forgot to mention that I've reduced my CO2 and lighting times by 1 hour for the last few weeks to see if that help, I've also replaced my T5 light today, since I think they were well over a year and a 1/2 old.

I've cut down my rosefolia and moved it to the front of the tank

Plantedtank2008111.jpg

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff26 ... 008111.jpg

Only thing I'm worried about is that this will only be a temporary solution and that i will be in an endless cycle of moving the plant around. Since I'm off work today, I'm going to try slowly increasing CO2, but I'm wondering If I'm just not meeting the requirments off the plant, I don't know how to get more flow to it, while it's at the back of the tank. Also after reading a few websites, I'm worried that I'm not meeting it's lighting requirements, some are saying 2-4 WPG, when I'm only achieving about 1.7WPG.
I don't want to give up on this plant, but I'm starting to wonder if I should look for an easier subsitute.

He's some of the algae

Plantedtank2008112.jpg

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff26 ... 008112.jpg

Admitidly things are getting better, but how many weeks do changes need to take affect, how long should I leave it before I try upping my dosing etc?

1 last question about fish.

I'm slowly starting to repopulate the tank, at the moment I have

8 x Cardinal Tetra
3 x Cories
2 x Ottos
1 x Bristlenose catfish

I want to add another 3 cories and from what I've read I need to add more otto's, was thinking of adding another 3. But I wanted to know if I still had room for some sort of "centre piece" fish, I used to have a dwarf gourami, but he was a bit of a bully around feeding time. I was looking at Kribs, but heard they can be territorial.

Well I didn't need this, tried to take my diffuser out so I could clean it over night and I was pulling out the airline the glass snapped, that's the 2nd 1 this year...

I was gonna just order another Glass Jap Style Diffuser 1000, but since I'm making an order, was wondering if I should try something else.
Was also thinking of getting some glossostigma and trying that again?

Back