• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What are these????

DavidW

Hi just noticed strange spore like plants (I think) on one part of the glass in my shrimp tank. Anyone know what they are?
20171010_185426.jpg

Thanks

Hi
U have Hydra there.It is carnivorous and feed on small creatures.
Its not doing much on the adult shrimp but it may be dangerous for the babies.
I got rid of mine using Panacur.Cherry shrimp and Amanos plus several snail species and ottos all fine.
Regards Konsa

I used Panacur as well and followed Darrel's dosing calculation here:

Ok so I've found some worming granules on amazon which is a 3g packet containing 666mg fenbendazole so this looks like the same stuff mentioned in the post.

I just want to be sure I'm calculating this right. My tank is 30 litres so I need to dose 0.066g in my tank?

Hi all,
I just want to be sure I'm calculating this right. My tank is 30 litres so I need to dose 0.066g in my tank?
Rather than weighing out a really small amount of powder, take the three grams and divide it into three equal piles by eye, each of these is one gram.

Take one gram then split that pile into three ~equal piles (by eye), and then take one of them and split into four or five equal piles, one of these will treat your tank.

cheers Darrel

Rather than weighing out a really small amount of powder, take the three grams and divide it into three equal piles by eye, each of these is one gram.

Take one gram then split that pile into three ~equal piles (by eye), and then take one of them and split into four or five equal piles, one of these will treat your tank.
Will Do. thanks for the advice.

Hi
It is possible to be struggling with dissolving the treatment.Don't flap about it if U see granules and dust arround the tank for a bit it will eventually dissolve and do the job.
Regards Konsa

Just tried to get some Panacur from the vets but they won't sell it without a vet consultation and signing up to there clinic. Have ordered some online now.

Back