• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What to !!

water tests after w/c and co2 on for 4.5hrs and lights on for 2hrs
ph-7
no3-2.5ppm
nh4-0
hardness-7.5 clarke
conductivity-225ms

as you can see my water is soft and after a w/c the nitrate is only 2.5ppm in the tank and only 8ppm out of the tap, should i try and buffer the nitrate level?

Same experience after coming from holidays here. I have been having problems with cyanobacteria for a while and BBA, so three weeks of complete neglect while on holiday destroyed most of it. After returning I have vacuumed the tank, upped the CO2 and replace the plants that were covered in algae and it now about a month later looks great again. I am actually typing this looking at it so there is hope

I'm leaning towards a complete strip down but i'm going to try trimming effected plants and two large w/c a week for the next 3 weeks then if there's no sign of improvement i'll strip the tank and rescape

Yes i know cactusface.

My advice would be mention it to your local chemist, explain what it is to be used for and most importantly, DONT WEAR A BALACLAVA WHEN YOU WALK IN.

jokes aside. Boots sell 6% proof. I buy distilled water to mix it 50/50 down to 3%. I show them pics of what i do if they ask too. Point to remember, its not illegal to buy it and unless they think you are making bombs there is no reason why they cant sell it. My local chemist stock it just for me now. Speak to the store manager if need be and explain your concerns. Should be fine

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The tank is back on track thanks to ' colinquilliam1 ' coming over today and cleaning the green slime out and a rescape - will post some pics tomorrow when things have settled a bit.
cheers Colin for the time and effort in helping me ;)

You're welcome mate. Tell your wife she makes nice coffee lol

Glad you liked the new look and those plants will grow up the back quite well now they have more room. Get back on ebay and sell thise cuttings when they come up lol

some pics
IMG_0349.JPG IMG_0350.JPG IMG_0351.JPG IMG_0355.JPG IMG_0356.JPG

Looks great mate...whoever did that for you is amazing!!! Lol

Back