• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"A Stock of Green"

Lauris

Hi All,

It has been a while since I have posted any updates. I think it is a time for one :)

This was created immediately after my "Escape" project was retired, so no planning, just improvisation on the go. Same root, different perspective.

Quickly about the tank:
60x40x40cm
90 L
filtration: plenty
Co2: still bubbling
light: Ada Aquasky 602, acrylic stand stored away, light raised twice as high

Plants: Micranthemum, Various Bucephalandra

Fish: 1x Dwarf puffer, about 20 Cardinal Tetra
Inverts: Snails, Some shrimp, some blue, some red

And few photos below:

Canvas,
23843241698_0acb54e2dd_c.jpg

Started, June
37647582006_d214a9ea2c_c.jpg

August,
37647573506_df5c193b26_c.jpg

23843241518_3ca4a66054_c.jpg

October,
37438527010_926314f5bb_b.jpg

37647573196_00b5d99b6b_b.jpg

Thanks for reading :)

Last edited:
Wow, I have been looking for a plant to but on driftwood that isn’t a moss and acts like a carpet. Thanks for making my mind up. Was it easy to grow that on the wood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look good, MC will grow anywhere but it wont exactly attach to the wood, may have to start by tying it down or attaching it to SS mesh then attach the mesh.

Wow, I have been looking for a plant to but on driftwood that isn’t a moss and acts like a carpet. Thanks for making my mind up. Was it easy to grow that on the wood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cotton thread. Attach it on the highest spot and just let it grow. It will find its own way down

Look good, MC will grow anywhere but it wont exactly attach to the wood, may have to start by tying it down or attaching it to SS mesh then attach the mesh.

I think I will let it grow on its own. I trimmed this only once (3 months ago) and I want to see how it will end up without any additional "assistance"

Looks great, Lauris! Very simple and clean but still beautiful!
It looks to me like a relic of a giant foot on the bottom of a lake.
Good choice for the elegant neon fish.

It was so hard to get them. I waited about 18 months until my lfs got them from their suppliers

Love the simplicity.
Beautiful otos too

Back