• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What's eating my plants?

Cactusface

I've just noticed that something seems to be eating my plants, the holes have well defind boarders. A couple of weeks ago I added one Otto and 2 stripped loaches ( Botia striata), which did their job of eating all the snails, and I've see the Otto taking algae off the leaves.

Here's some pics to help.
Regards

Mel.

EatenLeaves-1.jpg EatenLeaves-2.jpg EatenLeaves-3.jpg EatenLeaves-4.jpg

Hi
The otto is out of the suspect list as dont have teeth large enough(or the sucking strenght) to do that dammage.Looking at the pattern is the Botias as they have the sucking strength .I had clown loaches years ago that did simmular holes on the leaves of my plants.Not out of hunger(as they were overfed all the time) just their curious nature and playful behaviour
Regards Konsa

Hi konsa,
I didn't think it was the Otto, I think I read about his tiny teeth. It does look like the holes have been punched out and not eaten as you say, but I have clowns in another tank and can't say I've ever seen simular damage. I'll just have to keep an eye on it.
Regards

Mel.

Back