• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello I'm George and I'm an addict...

Rookiescaper

Seedling
Like the title says I'm George and was bitten by the MTS bug lol.

I've been keeping fish for a few years now and within the last year I got into planted tanks. Tried the sand and root tabs substrate for a month or so but got too expensive with little to no results. Right around that time I came across dustin's channel and learned all about dirted tanks. I took my time researching further and gathering supplies before I did my first dirt setup. I'm glad I did because it's the results I was looking for without draining the wallet! I Had a 37 tall setup for about 5 months then got my hands on a free 55g (208l) and switched it over.

Its been a fun journey so far over the years and has been something my daughter and I love to do together. She's a bright little girl and soaks it up like a sponge! Still amazes me at only 4 years old she can rattle off the names of most of the fish at our local fish store! The funniest moment though is when we're looking at fish she heard an adult say "why are those tanks covered?" To which she replied "because they're in quarentine!" That was a proud daddy moment!

Anyway, glad to be here and get some advice on aquascaping and get some feedback on my tank.

Found this while doing research its a nice post. Shame George his only one post. Waste of time bringing this up but I thought it was a good read.

Back