• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Return of the Shallow

I've decided to rechristen the scape Endor...it kinda goes with the 'Return of the Shallow Jedi' type theme, if you follow :)

37072782420_6b8e8ee714_b.jpg

Well, why not! I have an attempt of ... Movie Scape with "What Dreams May Come".
Of course, without any ... plastic inside! Star Wars Scape... Lord of the Rings Scape... all have beautiful scapes that can inspire.

As a matter of fact, my first idea was the scene from "The Lion King", that when Simba is raised up by Rafiki and presented to the animals.
That promotory, high and suspended over a place with sand and in the oposit place, an end of a jungle ... Why not?

Last edited:
In all seriousness, why not, they're great films made in some of the most beautiful places on Earth with amazing scenic cinematography :)

Indeed, it didn't take long before the first Avatar scape appeared.. So why not.. Evelyn from GBG she had a beautiful low tech scape that looked like a 1950's Flash Gordon film set. And it realy looked awsome..

Yes...hmmm...well it's a fair cop. I have the best of excuses though, my 10 year son loves Star Wars LEGO.
He thought the speeder bike chase scene I recreated in the shallow was awesome :)
Nice models by the way ;)

P.S. We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing (George Bernard Shaw) :D

Yes...hmmm...well it's a fair cop. I have the best of excuses though, my 10 year son loves Star Wars LEGO.
He thought the speeder bike chase scene I recreated in the shallow was awesome :)
Nice models by the way ;)

P.S. We don't stop playing because we get old. We get old because we stop playing (George Bernard Shaw) :D

I couldn't have said it any better. Love me some George Bernard Shaw too.

It's taken me longer to get around to flooding the scape than I would have liked, the usual life stuff and holidays getting in the way, meaning I haven't been around to do the daily water changes needed to give a newly flooded tank the best possible start. Consequently, the scape has become a bit overgrown.

Day 61 of the dry start...

37910271406_be553ae75a_b.jpg

24112822478_09c9fb179b_b.jpg

By comparison day 1 of the dry start...

35986812093_4aa5a5d757_b.jpg

It's taken me longer to get around to flooding the scape than I would have liked, the usual life stuff and holidays getting in the way, meaning I haven't been around to do the daily water changes needed to give a newly flooded tank the best possible start. Consequently, the scape has become a bit overgrown.

Day 61 of the dry start...

37910271406_be553ae75a_b.jpg

24112822478_09c9fb179b_b.jpg

By comparison day 1 of the dry start...

35986812093_4aa5a5d757_b.jpg
Wow. Now you just need to flood it. Do do do it ;)

Back