• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Crystal Valley

Fantastic Nuno.:clap:.
Love the look of the rotalas in the background. How often do you trim them to get the compact bushy growth like this?

Fantastic Nuno.:clap:.
Love the look of the rotalas in the background. How often do you trim them to get the compact bushy growth like this?
Thank you Daveslaney,

I trim it very often like every week !!! Strong light also has its roll on this compact bushy growth ...

Enviado do meu SM-G950F através de Tapatalk

Here goes a quick update on this tank ... All photos taken with my smartphone so the quality is not the best !!!

Hope you guys like it !!! :)

Stems top View
38387290282_cd0b8d941a_o.jpg
2017-11-14_04-59-53 by Nuno Matos, on Flickr

Today before trimming !!!
38387312832_25937c6dbe_o.jpg
2017-11-14_05-00-49 by Nuno Matos, on Flickr

After trimming and general maintenance !!!
38418632611_c77c20a70a_o.jpg
2017-11-14_05-01-05 by Nuno Matos, on Flickr

I'm amazed by the growth of your plants by using only ada ferts, always had deficiency using these past 6 months...

I'm amazed by the growth of your plants by using only ada ferts, always had deficiency using these past 6 months...
You have too keep in mind that the soil nutrients will deplete in time, so you will need to start dosing Special Lights along with the Step3 and Brighty K or in the new ADA line Mineral along Brighty K and Nitrogen also past 6 mounths or so soil reminerelization is in order using Multi Bottom and Iron Bottom !!!

In this way you will always have good and lust growth

Enviado do meu SM-G950F através de Tapatalk

post trim opens it up so much. LOVE IT!

I'm sure this will rank very well.

Thank you Dantrasy,

It was loosing depth of field with the stems on the middle I had to trimm the stems almost to the substrate !!!

Looking good! Have you removed the Dwarf hair?

Thank you Shinobi,

Yes I removed almost every bit of Eleocharis Pusila, I used it the give some detail on the rocks frontier but it overgrown and was suffocating the hydropiper, so removed as much as I could and replanted the Elatine Hydropiper !!!

Hi Nuno great scape. Can you just confirm the distribution of the plants on the background? From left to right I am guessing you have rotala "Green", Rotala Gia Lai, Rotala Coin Leaf, ....?

Back