• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Jungle scape 70x60x50 200L

Kamiel

Seedling
Hi Guy's.

I'm just getting back to my hobby. The new aquarium itself is still in the making but i'm already busy for a wile on the hardscape.

The Hardscape is going to be mounted on a piece of glass that's just a little smaller that the tank itself. Ones the tank is done i can just place it in there, and for the heavy maintenance i can easily take it out again. Between the piece of glass and the bottom of the aquarium there is going to be a space of 2 inches. The filtration pipes are going to come in trough the bottom of the aquarium so they won't be in sight.

The layout of the aquarium is going to be just one tree in the middle, the branches are to be covered in Fissidens Fonanus moss to give the feeling of a really old tree.

Here's some pictures of the hardscape so far.

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

I'm curious what you guys think of it so far.

Kind regards, Kamiel.

Hi Kamiel
The wood looks ace cant wait to see it planted.The only thing is that the thin branches are quite fragile once under water.After about an year most of my little Redmoor twigs seems to brake off the main wood easily Im not careful while maintaining the tank.
All the best with the scape and keep the updates comming.
Regards Konsa

Hi Kamiel
The wood looks ace cant wait to see it planted.The only thing is that the thin branches are quite fragile once under water.After about an year most of my little Redmoor twigs seems to brake off the main wood easily Im not careful while maintaining the tank.
All the best with the scape and keep the updates comming.
Regards Konsa

The last recent post the OP done was March so might be a dead log now.

Sorry guys, i've had some rough times that made me put the project on a hold.
Since the last update it has been waiting for me in the workshop, resently i started working on it again.

@Konsa

I do have some second toughts on the thin branches, for this reason the hardscape has to be able to come out of the tank when maintained.
I hope this way i won't damage it and keep the maintenance fun.

Here is a small update about the progress so far. Some more layers of lacquer are to be added for a smooth finsch.
DSC_01022.jpg

It's all finally coming together.

Hardscape in place.
1 (44).jpg

Hardware setup
DSC_0057 klein.jpg

Removable part for the hardscape to be mounted on. This will create the void for the filtration and will be the part to lift up for maintenance
DSC_0059.JPG

Just a few more things left to do. Next update will follow shortly.

Thanks for stopping by :thumbup:

How’s is everything going. Can’t leave us like this, I’m looking forward to your scape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the best things are worth waiting for, looking good Kamiel,

Just wondered about the glass base for your wood - if you intend taking it out for maintenance what's going to stop your substrate running underneath it when repositioning and when you take it out you'll have a similar problem. Not saying it wont work but just checking you've thought that far?

All the best

Back