• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tropica 1-2-grow - Care prior to planting

GeorgeR

Hi,

I have a plant order arriving tomorrow, but wont be able to plant in the tank until the weekend. The potted plants are not a problem as i can put them straight in the tank which is cycling.

However part of the order includes some Tropica 1-2-grow plants which are in the growing media. Should i put these under light for a time each day or on a window sill, etc, until i am able to plant them at the weekend?

Thanks in advance.

Hi!

I had same problem with in-vitro plants on gel (Alternanthera, Staurogyne, HC, Flame moss, XMas moss). The recommendation was to keep them in refrigerator. I kept them there for 5 days and after that was no problem. Before planting, keep them half of hour for adapt themself to the water temperature.

Hi
I have kept them in my living room on top of my fireplace frame for over a month with little light from my window and house lights only.They were all good with no damage.
Regards Konsa

Waiting just a few days in the cups doesn't really matter. You can just leave them at room temp. and in-direct light (= not direct sunlight, since this will cook the plants).
For storage a bit longer, it will be benefitial to store cups at lower temp. (= app. 10-15 celsius) since this will influence metabolism, keeping plants fresh for longer.
It must be said, though, that the different plants ofcourse are a bit different in their storage preferances. The above 10-15 celsius will be bemefitial and tolerated by all types.

Back