• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Led lights for red plants

you mean getting a pipe reducer to reduce the 25mm to 22mm then connecting the inline diffuser and then again connecting a reducer to increase the mm to 25?

Can anyone recommend a lighting system that can help my grow the carpet and the red plants?
Yes lights like these produce the most growth per penny of electricity, red growth by the ton and more carpet plant than you will ever see. Spot the issue though....

apollo_gl_100_1-300x300.jpg

Yes lights like these produce the most growth per penny of electricity, red growth by the ton and more carpet plant than you will ever see. Spot the issue though....

apollo_gl_100_1-300x300.jpg

It can make sense to use lights like this when you are growing your plants outside of the decorative tanks. Cultivating them for another tank or selling them. For the tank that is to be watched, the problem is obvious. But it's good to add some red and blue to the LED mix to get better coloration, just not ONLY red and blue ;)

you mean getting a pipe reducer to reduce the 25mm to 22mm then connecting the inline diffuser and then again connecting a reducer to increase the mm to 25?
No, that would decrease the flow, think like a bypass on a motorway.
You need divert a short line away from the main course, reduce the line to 16-22mm & reconnect back to the 25mm main line.
It has been done many times but I am at work & don't have the time to post a diagram.

I've heard you can bury a nail in the substrate beneath red plants to promote red coloration

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

I had very red ludwigia repens with 2 cheap 23W - 6500K cfls in my 22G and diy co2.

I was not dosing any micros or iron at that time.

Michel.

I have changed the co2 diffuser to Bazooka diffuser and placed it below my filtration input.

I have also purchased a wave maker in order to enhance my water flow.

And i will purchase 2 twinstar lights 600SP and placed them together with my aquatlantis easy led in order to increase the light and see how that goes.

I couldn't place the co2 diffuser in the flow of the filtration output as the FX6 hosing is very fragile and i am afraid if i cut it and make it smaller and then larger again, the hosing might starts losing water.

I will let you know how everything goes. Any comments on the twinstar lights?

Back