• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Large aquascaping rocks needed 40cm or so

Hi
Have U tried to ring The Green Machine
They used to have quite big pieces of hardscape when I was there few years back.It will surely cost U but
its worth a try anyway.
Regards Konsa

I wanted some big river cobbles, tried all over my area and online - no joy. In the end I tried a local garden hardscaping centre (topsoil, aggregates, pavers etc) and they had exactly what I wanted at a very good price.

Been to the green machine. They do have large pieces, but at £16 per kg it's a bit steep. I may pop back and review the options. Aqua essentials can only get pebbles it seems. It's a shame that suppliers can't do large pieces to order. I'm going to have to go to a landscaping place I think and get something.

Ancient Stone to the rescue. Advised by a Polish friend that I bought some Shrimp off once. 6Euro a Kg + 1Euro per Kg shipping. Told him what I wanted, sent him some pictures, they are going to put some rocks together in a tank and send me the pictures. 10Euro for the project to build them and send pictures, so at least I'll know what I'm getting.

Looking forwards to the pictures they send.

Yes, they did. The rock was 46kg in the design. I asked for an additional 10kg for artistic expression. £355 delivered, so £6.33 per kg delivered. Not as cheap as some rock, but not as dear as others. This way I know what I'm getting and have a buffer to make it my own.

They are aquamandesign.com

IMG_0595.JPG
IMG_0594.JPG

I'd ask for an alternate layout done with same stones as well, & photos of the individual stones, this way you'll have a feel for more varied scape potential

£355 delivered, so £6.33 per kg delivered.
Crikey, that's dedication...but you should get several decent scapes out of it, and you can add more rocks as you go along which will give you even more options.

geologically speaking and where they are sourced from
As far as my resourcing brought me, a best guess, it is from Carpathian mountains, in our hobby also known as Carpathian manten stone.. Geologically Carpathians are Ukrainie / Romania border.. :)

https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/aqua-at-pet-shop-layout-no-3-the-end.32339/page-8#post-413489

Actualy i think they should give it a recognizable tradename.. :) We already have Dragon stone.. So why not Dracula Rock.. Petri Nosferatu..

Last edited:
They charge 10Euro for each project they put together. You could blow your budget just on the options :(
I'd just ask for 1 other dramatically different scape to show the versatility of the stones - for that investment you want more than one "look"

Sorry, been travelling a bit so not had much of a chance. Been planted a few weeks now. Had some algae issues to start with. Should have cleaned the filter better, but I’m getting on track.

Sorry about the poor photo. Looks different from the original plan.

5B660012-9D31-47AE-84EB-D5775B8420FF.jpeg

Managed to get to Japan and see some inspiring work at ADA and Sumida.

2569ED9A-40D3-4658-8840-B5379625FC57.jpeg

Back