• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tamed jungle, 120p Takashi Amano inspired tribute.

Just another pic from today... day 347. Im making some moss trimming next week, the moss its overgrowing the stones, but is a very usefull breading place for shrimps, specially in this tank with that amounth of fish. Hope you like it.

Robert.

24179665547_ab538e9a35_k.jpg
Tamed jungle day 347 by Robert H., en Flickr

Last edited:
I wont state the obvious but all this with DIY CO2, DIY substrate etc is truly extraordinary!

Will you be submitting to competitions?

Beautiful tank. I like how minimal equipment is on this one. How do you manage water flow and surface bio film, are these not an issue?

Thank you all guys for your nice feedback, I really appreciate it.

I wont state the obvious but all this with DIY CO2, DIY substrate etc is truly extraordinary!

Will you be submitting to competitions?

With shade plants, less is more... co2 was used the first months to increase plant growth, but now its running without co2 and has been without it for the last 6 months. No liquid carbon is used. On the other hand, the amount of potassium nitrate and seachem fluorish needed has increased dramatically.

maybe i´ll submit it to a contest butfirst it´ll need a good trimming. :lol:

Very nice picture, it's matured nicely.very pleasing to see.
But a little bit overgrown though.

yes, the moss and the huge amounth of hungle val are begging for a trimming. Its hard to imagine the amounth of jungle val y take out each maintenance session, usualy each two to three weeks. :crazy:

Beautiful tank. I like how minimal equipment is on this one. How do you manage water flow and surface bio film, are these not an issue?

there´s no bio film, it was an issue the first month and i took it out manually, but know that the tank has established itself with regular 50% water changes each two to three weeks is enough. Im very carefull with feeding the fish... overfeeding is a big issue in nature aquariums, this aquarium hosts over 120 fish of 10 different species. but they´re feed just once a day and what they need.

I´ll make an uptade about fish and plant species, fertilization and maintenance routine, and maybe a nice one year aniversary video.

cheers guys !! :wave:

Robert.

Hi Robert, how are things coming along with the tank, would you have any updates? I think I am too going with a jungle and tetra salad look for my next tank, yours is an inspiration. Thanks!

Back