• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Alternanthera reineckii - Leaf problems.

Can someone help me with this Alternanthera reineckii. As you can see the top leaves are lacking colour and shape. At one stage it seemed as if it was getting smothered by the Ludwigia but cutting that back did nothing. All the rest of my plants are very heathy. I am runing pressurised CO2 and the drop checker indicates 30ppm. Until a few days ago I was fertilising with Evolution Aqua ‘The Aquascaper” I have now gone over to the EI kit from Aquarium Plant Food UK. In addition I have done some dosing with Seachem Iron.
I have previously tried to grow this plant in a low tech tank but it slowly melted away. This is supposed to be an ‘Easy’ plant. So any ideas.
Thanks you
Robert...
IMG_20171219_112552.jpg

Also review your flow/distribution and review your lighting, as it may be excessive, as usual.

Cheers,

GSA , slow growth , plants melting , all this are CO2 issues , increase CO2 a little bit day by day and you should see progress
I would be reluctant to increase CO2 as the drop counter is lime green. Everything in the tank is doing well. Reading elsewhere it seems AR can be adversely effected by algae. Perhaps I should have mentioned this. The algae happened quickly when there was a CO2 failure. All the other plants have recovered.

Back