• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I went old school

A while ago I got a 40cm cube tank, just for me to house some fish in. At first I left it bare with only a sponge filter, but I had some wood and some plants, added a bit of sand and for a long while I was pleased with it.
kleiner 1.jpg

It did what it needed to do, be easy to clean and keep my fish happy and healthy.

However, some shrimp would be nice too, but they would be eaten in no time as they do not have enough hiding places. Moss would give them more hiding spots, thus more moss would be welcome (I like moss anyway), but instead of just wrapping the wood with moss, I went for a whole back with moss and kept the front open to give fish enough swimming space. Old school, but with a twist, I wanted it to look a little like a vivarium wall, this is what I came up with....
20180101_205036 klein.jpg

The sponge filter will be taken out after I feel more confident about the plants and hardscape housing enough bacteria.

Back