• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

South American Biotope

Lozbug

I am planting the 125 as a South American biotope, what plants would you suggest? Only confirmed fish so far will be bronze cory, and i'll probably go with some tetra. So what plants do we think guys?

Look through the tropica website. It's probably mainly swords and stuff like bacoupa maybe from memory.

There a quite a few species from the Pantanal (often called that, e.g. Hygrophila sp. Pantanal Wavy) that you could use if you just wanted plants from South America. However a real biotope would be a bit more specific than that. Did you know BTW that your first choice of fish isn't actually from the mainland of South America anyway?! Corydoras aeneus is from Trinidad so maybe you should go for a Caribbean biotope?! :lol:

Ed Seeley said:
Did you know BTW that your first choice of fish isn't actually from the mainland of South America anyway?!

Well excuse me for believing what a book says.

I was actually after some more specific types, ones people are used too had experience with, I am quite capable of finding them via tropica or plants alive.

Apologies - that last post re-reads as quite snappy?

Well Fish from just Caribbean is a wee' bit limited, Bronze Cory, Falseblack tetra, Guppy, Calypso tetra, Keyhole cichlid ...

Sorry I wasn't trying to rain on your idea, just thought it might affect/change your choices a bit.

Geographically and ichthylogically those lower islands are considered South American anyway as their fauna and flora are largely South American in origin. I agree your Caribbean choices would be limited.

Back