• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Replacement for Juwel vision

This question has come up previously

Juwel heliolux -

Juwel official video release
-which at least reveals that the LED are smd's - technical details worth asking: number, color & wattage of the LEDs, also 50 000 hour rating?

(lots of interesting Juwel aquascaping videos that I've not seen before :))

The "Day + Night Controller" (sold separately - just an economy dimmer option would've been nice) ... I also believe that the controller will only do a single LED unit BUT I've no clear recollection of where this absurd "thought" is coming from (that would make the system absurdly expensive)

I suspect you'd notice more "brightness" compared to T8's, but from one comment I saw, perhaps not compared to HOT5 with reflectors (though commenter thought there was more light at substrate level)

The advantage of this system is that it completely integrates into the Juwel tanks rather than looking like an "add on" but they do seem on the high end in terms of pricing (which is odd as I think Juwel offers quite competitively priced aquarium systems)

Thanks Alto - I think you would need a controller to be able to dim the light which does make them quite expensive. I would like to try them though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll see if I can find that thread - I would buy it if the price included the dimmer - the t8s seem prehistoric today

Thanks again - I want some light that I can control - for me it is the key to avoiding algae issues. But I also want something to bring the tank alive.

Hi did anyone buy the juwel LEDs with controller??
I've received the controller just waiting on the lights(gf gonna kill me) .

Just wanted some tips

Back