• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Slow Roast" Rio 125

Algae getting less...

IMG_20171228_180425.jpg

Found about 10 cherry shrimps loving it in the filter...

IMG_20171228_123400.jpg

Getting better day by day although I'm not convinced it's winnable. Time will tell

Quite a lot of the algae now gone. Some left on the glass (lazy snails hehe) and some brush on the left log. Some still on leaves but they will be removed at the next clean up at the weekend.

Slowly getting there.

IMG_20180109_202743.jpg

Looking a lot better than it did a few weeks ago

Side By Side to show progress... Lots to do but looking much better

View attachment 112504

Nice recovery!
This is so encouraging for me to read. I had a beautiful tank a month ago but changed the light and got massive melt and after that massive algae outbreak.

If it wasn't for all the money i spent I would have liked just to throw it out through the window

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

It's been a while and after letting it grow out loads I've removed about two ton of floating plants and are now letting them grow again.

Plan is to repeat this cycle a few times then do a full trim and reposition. Considering this was a tank of bubbling algae not long ago it's come a long way.

From an Aquascapers POV its a sack of sh*t. From a fish tank owners POV the plants are happy and the fish are happy, breading and thoroughly interesting to watch. I guess its in the middle of where I wanted and I'm cool with that.

IMG_20180413_204058.jpg

Back