• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TMC Signature 90cm in freshwater version!

willsy

Hi

Does anyone have the TMC Signature 90cm in a freshwater version? I.e without sump and not drilled? Or could I get this custom made from TMC does anyone know?

Cheers

Will.

Hi

Does anyone have the TMC Signature 90cm in a freshwater version? I.e without sump and not drilled? Or could I get this custom made from TMC does anyone know?

Cheers

Will.
I looked for one for a few weeks, from what I gather they are not available as standard.

Try ND Aquatics for a price, they build good quality tanks and there brace less tanks are well priced :thumbup: my next tank is coming from them ;)

Try ND Aquatics for a price, they build good quality tanks and there brace less tanks are well priced :thumbup: my next tank is coming from them ;)
The build quality at ND has gone downhill big time and I would never get another tank from them.

If you have the extra space the EA aquascaper range are pretty good; silicone is nice, neat and very minimal unlike ND.

Thanks for the suggestions. I do like the look of the Aquascaper. Looks awesome! Probably a bit more plant scape centric than the TMC. That's gone to the top of my expensive shopping list!

Cheers

Will

TMC do custom builds, you need to go to a TMC retailer, and order through them

Thanks for the suggestions. I do like the look of the Aquascaper. Looks awesome! Probably a bit more plant scape centric than the TMC. That's gone to the top of my expensive shopping list!

Cheers

Will

Have a chat with Dave at Aquarium Gardens; very helpful bloke and will help you with lighting - Oh and don't forget to mention UKAPS. You can get it with/without cabinet too.
I was surprised at how good the silicone work is.
http://www.aquariumgardens.co.uk/ev...per-900-aquarium-tank--cabinet-set-2035-p.asp

The build quality at ND has gone downhill big time and I would never get another tank from them.

If you have the extra space the EA aquascaper range are pretty good; silicone is nice, neat and very minimal unlike ND.

Completely agree on both parts that company has taken a real bashing of late in the reef forums. The aquascaper tanks are nice in the flesh.

I'd second ND aquatics, and still recommend them for the custom tanks. I don't think the silicone quality hasn't declined, just in comparison to ADA/TMC/Evolution Aqua their silicone work is really poor.

Have a chat with Dave at Aquarium Gardens; very helpful bloke and will help you with lighting - Oh and don't forget to mention UKAPS. You can get it with/without cabinet too.
I was surprised at how good the silicone work is.
http://www.aquariumgardens.co.uk/ev...per-900-aquarium-tank--cabinet-set-2035-p.asp
Thanks - I do like Aquarium Gardens. I've bought some fantastic plants from them. They would be first choice to buy a new aquarium too now!

To be honest I have a totally workable aquarium but its dimensions are not great for Aquascaping and it has a closed hood. I really like the idea of an open top with plants growing out of the water potentially.

Sorry, just trying to talk myself into this.

Cheers

Will

I'd second ND aquatics, and still recommend them for the custom tanks.
I had one not 12 months ago; it took them 3 attempts to make it the right size and even then the silicone was rubbish. Nick is nowhere to be seen there anymore I don't think.
3 years ago if you didn't have the money for an aquarium connections tank with mitred corners then everyone seemed to get an ND aquatics one and that's why I got ND that time....never again.

Sorry, just trying to talk myself into this
Haha just do it, I'm fussy and been impressed with them so much so there's now 3 in the house.

Haha just do it, I'm fussy and been impressed with them so much so there's now 3 in the house.

Shopping list being prepared as we speak which includes one Aquascaper 900! Cannot wait to get my hands on it. Exciting!

Ah just wanted to say: TMC got back me today to say that they don't make a 90cm freshwater version at all. Odd! This has made my mind up on the Aquascaper for sure now!

I've been thinking of getting the TMC 60cm myself - but apparently they seem not to be producing it anymore and now have a new version coming out. Aquahome will be taking delivery of the new tanks later this week so looking forward to that.
Ideally I'd love to have the evolution aqua 60cm tank but they don't sell without the cabinets which are a bit on the pricey side. Any other tank options will be most welcome

Back