• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape New hardscape 60p

piotr88

IMG_1307.JPG
IMG_1305.JPG
IMG_1198.JPG

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

piotr88

Its rather hard to critique your Aquascape at the moment all I can see LH side is a pile of wood covered with very fine twiggy pieces. On the RH side two nice root stumps with a small amount of twiggy pieces.
Over all they actually blend in together extremely well and I assume that is what your aim is.

Once its planted it will look totally different. Are you going for the wild, manicured or, a 50% mix look?

Keith:wave::wave:

Looks very interesting, i like the way you have arranged the wood pieces overlaid with twigs, thou personally i would keep the smaller twigs to the lower sections of the wood, would also suggest rather than touching the glass that you leave a bit of space will make cleaning glass easier and assist with flow.

Good luck, will be following with interest.

I like it, although a little too twiggy for me in the centre rear - definitely a bit "busy" right there. Then the bigger rocks in the cavity of the wood on the right at the front I think don't sit right, too big they are.... only the 4 largest though. The layout and material choice is really nice overall. Sand looks very natural with the smaller stones.

Look forward to seeing it with some water in there. It makes all the difference.

If I’m honest when I first saw the pic I hated it, because it’s defo not the traditional layout of a nature aquarium
But the more I look at it the more I like it, very usually and it’s nice to see something different. Any idea on the planting?
Will be interesting to see it with plants.
I guess it’s a marmite tank you love it or hate it. And I love it

Back