• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone interested in a trip to Portugal?!

Chrispowell

Hi all,

I'm looking at the possibility of doing a day trip in October from a London airport direct to Lisbon to visit Oceanario de Lisboa.

Whilst there I will visit the aquarium but obviously mainly to see Takashi's work in the exhibit.

I would like to also visit the Aquaeden shop too if logistically possible.

Is anyone interested in trying it? I'm looking at a cost of probably £100-£200 for the trip

Chris

Nice, if you have time go to Belem and eat some pasteis de belem, climb on top of Cristo Rei in Almada and also try go to Malveira to Aquaeden, but only on thursday, it closes sunday and monday.
thank you for the tips. We went for pasteis de nata this morning, Aquaeden tomorrow I think :)

We got in nice and early so we had some quiet time to outselves - now there are hundreds of people going through. They all say Wow! when they walk in.

Thought I better update the post! Well we completed this trip last weekend!! What an experience, we visited Aquaeden and ecoarium shops on the Saturday and on the Sunday spent the day at Amanos exhibit. Forests underwater. If your thinking about doing the trip, DO IT!

I will have a YouTube video out soon but for now heres a single picture!

69_F9_EFC8-_DEE0-4_A62-8_D24-2033_FC720937.jpg

Many thanks to @Ryan Thang To and @ralphmanning for their company and now great friendships!

Chris

I contacted Lisbon aquarium - and it's going to be open this year too, I'm going in April :) I m really looking forward to it.

Thought I better update the post! Well we completed this trip last weekend!! What an experience, we visited Aquaeden and ecoarium shops on the Saturday and on the Sunday spent the day at Amanos exhibit. Forests underwater. If your thinking about doing the trip, DO IT!

I will have a YouTube video out soon but for now heres a single picture!

69_F9_EFC8-_DEE0-4_A62-8_D24-2033_FC720937.jpg

Many thanks to @Ryan Thang To and @ralphmanning for their company and now great friendships!

Chris
Great picture and video chris

Just booked an impromptu city break out there, really looking forward to it... due to other commitments its only a very short break 2 nights, to the get the most out of the city break plan to go straight to the aquarium and spend the afternoon there, my plane lands just after lunchtime, i have checked that aquarium is open till 7pm, do you think is enough time ?

Gawd Dammit :arghh:...I've got to go and see this for myself now, can't stand being the odd one out any longer ;)
Any recommendations where to stay and who to fly with etc?

Btw, great travelogue type video Chris. Could have watched that for a lot longer.

Gawd Dammit :arghh:...I've got to go and see this for myself now, can't stand being the odd one out any longer ;)
Any recommendations where to stay and who to fly with etc?

Btw, great travelogue type video Chris. Could have watched that for a lot longer.
Hey tim

Easy jet and anywhere near oceanarium is fine. We had a 3 star hotel for about £20 a night. Uber there was like €3-€5

Just booked an impromptu city break out there, really looking forward to it... due to other commitments its only a very short break 2 nights, to the get the most out of the city break plan to go straight to the aquarium and spend the afternoon there, my plane lands just after lunchtime, i have checked that aquarium is open till 7pm, do you think is enough time ?
Hey

Sounds like a plan. We also land in the afternoon so we went to check out the ecoarium and aquaden store and the next day spent hours at oceanarium.

But all you need is a hour or 2 there. More if you really want it to soak in :):):)

I wish i can go again. It would make it my 3rd time there hahaa

Cheers
Ryan

Back