• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hydrocotyle tripartita cuttings

Hi
Yeah just like you said it can be done with out roots.
I put a small mat of hydrocotyle sitting on top of my wood and it grew perfectly fine even emersed too

20170713_194939_001.jpg

I was ready for asking this myself Nigel, I recently recieved a pot of from sponsers,split it up some in the gravel but left some floating while I got round to planting,the plant as taken well spreading on the gravel but the floating HT as gone ballistic spreading along the surface nicely

It's indeed an extremely easy to grow plant. It also survives outdoors in rather cold tempratures. If it grows emersed i found there is only one thing able to distroy it completely, that is greenfly.. Once this fly finds this plant, there is no stopping it. :)

How long did it take Ryan to go emersed? Looks really good
Hi

Yes it definitely a weed plant. Like tim and zozo mention it difficult to keep it under control. Once it grow over your carpet plant then its game over LOL

Actually i had hc cuba growing emersed first some how there must be a single pieces of hydrocotyle got stuck and took over. I would say it took about 2 months maybe 3

you either hate it or love it. It got a really nice smell too i even had a taste yummy

Cheers
Ryan

Back