• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Five Months In...

Ken Loach

D713D383-1A79-4EEC-8433-E0CAAFB4AF9D.jpeg
As the title suggests, my Fluval Flex 34 litre has been up and running for 5 months. Modifications to filtration and flow have been made, rocks have been added to and rearranged, driftwood has been added and then taken away, plants have died and been replaced and livestock is doing well. Various food types are fed on a rotation inc. brine shrimp & garlic, flake, micro granules & algae wafers. Water is tested weekly and generally 35% is the average volume change. Still very much learning, but very much enjoying the whole experience.

One of my Java Ferns has black spots/blotches on some of its leaves. I had a couple of outbreaks of black beard algae and have been dosing daily with Seachem Flourish Excel which has cleared up the beard algae and all the Crypts are really looking healthy and vigorous. Shrimps have bred and there are now tiny shrimps all over the place, how long they will last with the Neons, I don’t know.

Back