• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60p - Agent Orange AKA 'Roof on Fire'

Snapped a full body shot with my phone, when the sun peeked through
IMG_3008.JPG

Amazing tank!
And congratulation on your plants trimming, not many people know how to trim properly and you can destroy the all aquascape if you do it wrong
I've just set up my tank and a bit anxious about the first trimming

Thanks!

With this rotalla i started trimming low and often. Letting it grow to about 10cm and cutting it back to 5, then letting it reach 15 cutting back to 10 etc.

I think it's better to build up thickness from the bottom. That way it's easier to shape and eventually get new sprouts almost at substrate level around the edges.

What do you think of the new fertilisers then

I really like them.
Except from them being expensive and impractical to use 4 different ferts, but if you can live with that, the results are very healthy plants and amazing coloration.
There's very little algae on hardscape or glass either, perhaps thanks to ADA program being a very lean dosing

So funny fact; when the Solar RGB is on, you can’t visibly tell the individual RGB diodes apart, they all just sort of blend together in a very bright light.

However for just a second when the unit goes on or off it gives a “twitchy” vibrance of colors. So I tried to capture it with my phones slow-mo camera and took some screenshots. Note that all of this happens in well under half a second
BE2B9D18-2814-4810-B805-EC605272AFBE.jpeg

That's very enlightening :D...Sorry I'll get my coat :oops:
Does the Solar RGB have built in controllability, or can it at least be hooked up to a TC420 so intensity and duration can be tailored, or at the very least a dimmer?

That's very enlightening :D...Sorry I'll get my coat :oops:
Does the Solar RGB have built in controllability, or can it at least be hooked up to a TC420 so intensity and duration can be tailored, or at the very least a dimmer?

Nope, you’re either on or off. You can of course time the light, but no adjustment to intensity as with all ADA lights.

So if you don’t like high light setups, this is probably not for you :)

Be a shame to pull the plug on the old one!....;)
Hope your hunt for a new home is quick and painless:nailbiting::D
hoggie

Thanks! Yeah finding your new “home” is never easy.

It’s too late to get a new setup ready for the IAPLC deadline anyway, so I think my first entry will be with this scape. So focus now is to get everything looking better than ever. Also the reason I’m holding back with the frontal shots from now on (;

Back