• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

SNOW!!!!

Wooohoooo just been told to go home in 10 minutes!!! :) :)

Taken this morning near work:

pict0070wf8.jpg

pict0064pl7.jpg

pict0054vp6.jpg

Just came back from sledging with my sister. Great fun, haven't been able to do that before, ever! In Somerset near Wells it's about 3inches of snow here.

Fred Dulley said:
Just came back from sledging with my sister. Great fun, haven't been able to do that before, ever! In Somerset near Wells it's about 3inches of snow here.
Just measured it on my balcony, its 7-8 inches! and still falling!

SuperColey1 said:
Good to know some 'lisboners' have brains :lol:
AC
Guess what we did when we got home from work??? LOL

pict0174ka8.jpg

pict0097ar4.jpg

pict0076ix1.jpg

After this we had a crazy snow fight and got home all drenched!! lol

Podengo must be Portuguese for jack russle. :p My jack loves the snow, It's a small dog thing.

Well my school stayed open so the first lesson today was outside to throw snowballs and try and make an igloo!!!! We now need 6" of snow overnight to have another go tomorrow!!!

We only had about 3" at most here IMO.

This what i was doing this morning :lol:
sdc10108ns0.jpg

Its still coming down heavy here so should be quite deep in the morning :D

We've had it going all day, about eight inches.

madness

school's been closed today and is tomorrow

i'm not complaining :)

Well after several websites proving that getting cold doesn't give you a cold or flu She let the kids play in the snow.

Sometimes she takes a lot of convincing on silly things that are old wive's tales. I don't know wether it is her being a foreigner, being female, lack of apptitude or a combination of each. lol
CIMG2721.jpg

Incoming:
CIMG2722.jpg

Stupid English person out in Artic conditions in a jumper and bare hands. lol
CIMG2725.jpg

You wouldn't believe how 'forced' this smile is :LOL:
CIMG2732.jpg

AC

Well its official, im stuck in the house all day. The annoying thing is, I live at the bottom of a cul-de-sac which is on a hill, which then opens out onto an A-road and then on to the M4, so the only thing stopping me getting to work is the 5 metre long hill to the top of the cul-de-sac.
I thought I'd sweep the snow off, but during the 5 minutes or so it took me to sweet to the top, the bottom was completely covered :rant:
Whats even more annoying is when I got up at 7am the sky was completely clear, no more than a light sprinkling of snow on the ground, but by the time I was dressed and ready to go about 7.45, it had completely clouded over, was snowing a blizzard and we'd probably had 1/2" to 1" of snow during that 45 minutes
Fortunately my boss has provided me with "homework" however, just incase this did happen, so I have a 4" thick Habitats Directive handbook to read through today :rant: :rant: :rant:
Can't even enjoy my bloody day off!

I might go out an do a spot of photography later tho...

Yup, had plenty here, the uni is officially closed for both Monday and Tuesday, but since when has that stopped us!

I got there about 8:30am yesterday and armed with my camera took loads of photos. :)

Am now waiting for all my batteries to recharge ready for this afternoon, I want to take photos of some of the handiwork going on in the area, there's igloos and everything :)
My Snow Set on Flickr
And a small subsample
3247237769_02eef52532.jpg

3247229937_f8da6e90fe.jpg

3248089192_39a142fa62.jpg

3247273727_0e69d383ae.jpg

SuperColey1 said:
Sometimes she takes a lot of convincing on silly things that are old wive's tales.
You wouldn't believe what people over there still think to be true! I just laugh at them and say "yeah whatever" lol

Good to see everyone having fun in the snow :)

Nice Photos Egmel :)

Snow - it's a wonderful thing. It means no work for me (my school has a wonderfully steep hill - not so good for my legs but great for days off!), sledging down mountains (that's why Wales is soooo great), and then sitting in front of the fire (to cure frostbite) and planning my next rescape. Does it get any better?

Devon / Cornish Border - Had a couple of inches yesterday afternoon, got up at 7.30 this morning, heavy snow fall, about 5 inch out in places my driveway is fairly steep - the car is stuck at the bottom and i cant shift it, boss said dont bother coming to work, about 5 who did were sent home i think.

ponds about 9.30 this morning.

koi pond
feb09_9_185.jpg

goldfish pond
feb09_8_617.jpg

front garden (7.30am)
feb09_3_206.jpg

Back