• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Marsilea Hirusta or Monte Carlo

miah431

Which is better for a non pressurised C02 aquarium? I already have some cryptocoryne Parva and dwarf hair grass which is alive but hasn't carpeted. I just don't like that the all the detritus gets caught in the dwarf hair grass. The substrate is a mix of Ada Amazonia and eco complete. The light is around 30 par at the substrate. Lighting period is from 9am - 11:45am and 5pm to 9:30pm. I dose 7ml of tnc complete which is less than the recommended amount for a 100 litre tank. I also put in TNC liquid carbon again less than the recommended amount.

So the question is, which would be best suited to my tank or do you recommend any others?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hi
Depend on which style you want. Monte carlo will creep over the substrate like hc cuba and marsilea will do the same but alot slower. Good them and see how they grow

Chedrs
Ryan
So I should get them both? What do you mean by creep over the substrate?

Alright, thank you for your responses. I will purchase both.

I had a carpet of MH in a non co2 set up, I was daily dosing liquid carbon and it grew like a weed in a matter of weeks.
FB_IMG_1518263235275.jpg

I had a carpet of MH in a non co2 set up, I was daily dosing liquid carbon and it grew like a weed in a matter of weeks.View attachment 113898
That looks really good. I've been reading about Monte Carlo and people without c02 seem to have problems with it. MH is easier to grow from what I've read. I might just buy MH and another pot of cryptocoryne Parva instead.

Monte Carlo grew easily but slow for me with no co2, just keep up with ferts and water changes, it's a very resilient plant

Monte Carlo grew easily but slow for me with no co2, just keep up with ferts and water changes, it's a very resilient plant
Aquarium garden's have two versions of the Monte Carlo one which isn't topica and is cheaper. Another is topica and close to double the price. Which should I go for? With the MH they only offer the tropica version. Tropica plants are more likely to experience melt?

Aquarium garden's have two versions of the Monte Carlo one which isn't topica and is cheaper. Another is topica and close to double the price. Which should I go for? With the MH they only offer the tropica version. Tropica plants are more likely to experience melt?

I'm guessing one is grown in-vitro, I personally prefer that version

I'm guessing one is grown in-vitro, I personally prefer that version
Yes one is grown in-vitro. Any particular reason as to why you prefer that one?

Back