• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Suggestions on a postcard

Will.P

Seedling
I have a small problem, whilst cleaning my glassware yesterday my pipe cleaning brush decided to part company with its flexible shaft.
IMG_1504.JPG
Other than breaking the glass, I really can't think of a solution.

Luckily I had a spare to hand.

Suggestions on a postcard please.

Thanks

Will

you could try a length of fishing line with a hook attached and try to snag it and pull it out

Get some netting, like that mesh used on a fish catching net. Put this over the pipe you'd connect to the inlet. Push it down with your finger, this'll catch the broken item.

Then, reconnect inlet and turn on pump. It should suck it out.

My suggestion would be....

Length of copper wire (centre of a piece of cable if you have some), bend the end over to create a hook, slide it down/round the pipe and try and snag it and pull it out

Floristry wire from hobby craft or jewellery wire.
Make a loop at one end and then feed it in from the intake slits. And make the wire long enough that you can pull it thru from the other end. hook it onto the nub on the tip of the brush. and gently pull back thru, so that the hard snap does not scratch the glass. If you are worried about scratching pour some fair liquid in to lubricate the inner glass.

Many thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately the glass did not survive the extraction process,

I tried the coat hanger method, the bend in the pipe was too sharp to allow the hanger to reach.
My wrist action was lacking and failed to budge it at all.
No hooks to fasten to the fishing line and the line I have is very fine.

I noticed the slotted end of the pipe had a small hole in it, so I thinned down a bamboo skewer and pushed up through the hole, the brush was starting to move and then CRACK a little too much English had cracked the end, all is not lost though, I can still use it with a mesh shrimp safe strainer over the end :)

Thanks again,

Will

Atleast you tried will, part of the reason i hate glass is because i have gorilla hands and break everything... :lol::lol:

Back