• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

50P and 3000P

Citrix

I would like to say Hi, to Ukaps memebrs.
Recently i was folowing up Geroge's videos at Youtube and figured out this forum.
Decided to register here as i recently started my first high tech to get some handfull advice as i see you have plenty of advanced fish and plants keepers here.
Previuosly I was runing some cichlid or low-tech moss tanks.

Some info about set up.

Tank: DIY 50P (50x30x35h)
Lighting: Chihiros A501
Hardscape: Seriyu Stone
Substrate: Ebi Gold and Dennerle Scaper's soil
Fauna: Hyphessobrycon amandae, Red cherry and Amano shrimps
Plants: Micranthemum monte carlo.
Co2: 6l(4kg) tank, Dual Stage, Steel pipes and DIY external reactor.
Filter: Eheim 2071 250T

The tank supposed to be dry started, smth like "one pot chalange", but because had to leave for holidays, it was filled up and left for its own.
Some picks with filled up tank
IMG_20180117_231040[1].jpg

Last edited:
To start with such low plant mass was a real challenge. Ofc i got diatmos, so added some Ludwigia repens 'Rubin' to stabilize the tank.
Also added some riccardia on stones.
After couple of months things became better and i got some growth.
IMG_20180305_195313[1].jpg

Last edited:
When my 50P is setting in slowly, starting to think about rescape of my biger low tech moss tank.
Some info about tank:

Tank:
DIY 3000P (3000x45x45)
Lighting: 3x Chihiros A601
Hardscape: spider root wood and rocks
Substrate: sand
Fauna: neon tetras, Amano shrimps, corrys
Plants: moses, anubias and some ferns
Filter: DIY filtration

And some photos:
IMG_20171229_191556[1].jpg
IMG_20171124_170920[1].jpg
IMG_20171124_170808[1].jpg

When my 50P is setting in slowly, starting to think about rescape of my biger low tech moss tank.
Some info about tank:

Tank:
DIY 3000P (3000x45x45)
Lighting: 3x Chihiros A601
Hardscape: spider root wood and rocks
Substrate: sand
Fauna: neon tetras, Amano shrimps, corrys
Plants: moses, anubias and some ferns
Filter: DIY filtration

And some photos:
View attachment 114046 View attachment 114047 View attachment 114048
Hi
Wow that big tank is looking good. Nice one mate. Keep it up

Cheers
Ryan

Hi
Wow that big tank is looking good. Nice one mate. Keep it up

Cheers
Ryan
Thanks, Ryan,
but progress for rescape allready started(at leats in mind) and first purchase of landscape rocks was done allready, just too lazy to start changes in tank :)
At the moment busy with smaller tank, building new Co2 reactor, as cerges type(the one like sera co2) is blocking the flow more than i have expected, so need to build smth with bypass.

Thanks, Ryan,
but progress for rescape allready started(at leats in mind) and first purchase of landscape rocks was done allready, just too lazy to start changes in tank :)
At the moment busy with smaller tank, building new Co2 reactor, as cerges type(the one like sera co2) is blocking the flow more than i have expected, so need to build smth with bypass.
Sound like you got a lot of work to do. Good luck and keep us updated

Cheers
Ryan

The reactor was conected and really does the job. Quite happy about this DIY part.
But during conection I have accidentaly broken eheim hose conection valve. And bigest issue was, that it was stuck in filter head. Had to move all the fish and shrimps out of tannk as the filter was not working.
Took 3-4 hours to get that valve out of head.
IMG-333669aefd79071e7989f9e1ebecbbdc-V.jpg

And tank is empty and ready for rescape.
As it is viewed from 2 sides and is only 45cm there will be real chalange to make some diferent height arrangement of stones. I think to do it not from front to back but from one side to another.
IMG_20180321_162420.jpg

Back