• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What deficiency am I looking at here?

scoobiemandan

Anyone able to advise what deficiency this is showing;

IMG_1219.JPG IMG_1220.JPG

1500 Aquascaper.
Lighting - Fluval Freash and Plant at one end and a Jewel LED light at the other. On for 6 hours.
Ferts - TNC complete and liquid carbon

This is a new tank.

I had some Anubias Nana mini under the Juwel LED which have completely melted away. However, the two above were actually only getting natural daylight as the Fluval wasn’t over their side of the tank when this damage started to show.

As Ed has said, too much light for the available amount of C02.
I don't know much about LC but I think you should check the dose & increase it to the max level (that could be more than stated on the bottle) I am sure that you can find the recommended LC dosing levels on the forum.

As Ed has said, too much light for the available amount of C02.
I don't know much about LC but I think you should check the dose & increase it to the max level (that could be more than stated on the bottle) I am sure that you can find the recommended LC dosing levels on the forum.

But, as I mentioned, the two plants photographed had only natural daylight and not direct either so too much light doesn’t seem to fit the bill!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like something's been eating it. Did it happen suddenly? Is there anything in the tank that could have been chewing them?

No, nothing eating them. Nothing different in this tank than the old tank, it's definitely an issue with ferts/CO2/lighting.

I was dosing the TNC daily rather than weekly but I'm going to revert back to weekly, also I've doubled the dose of liquid carbon. The lighting is, at the moment right above the waterline but that will be changing soon as I'm waiting on a hanging kit for the light strip so it'll be higher and quite a dim set up, which is fine with me, I'm not after a bright in yer face set up hence why I wanted a low tech, sparsely planted set up.

Back