• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Wall

Eduard18

Hello everyone !

So , while a lot of people seem to be into big tanks, I've said to myself : why not start a pico ?
It's an 8 L - Superfish Home - and this is the perfect opportunity to try a DSM; I wanted to make a wall using Ohko Stone and some wood; I used a BBQ grill as the backbone of the hardscape; regarding the DSM method I've used George Farmer's technique

20180312.jpg

20180313.jpg

20180314.jpg

20180315.jpg

p1260210.jpg

I don't know why ; on my Android phone, using Chrome, I have no problem seeing the photos when I access my post

So, news from the front; 3rd day and some fungus on one root, so I've decided to let it "breathe" , maybe even leaving a permanent opening

20180316.jpg
[/IMG]
20180316.jpg

So, news from the front; 3rd day and some fungus on one root, so I've decided to let it "breathe" , maybe even leaving a permanent opening

20180316.jpg
[/IMG]
20180316.jpg
You should be opening it up at least once a day for a few minutes. Be careful with leaving a permanent opening, if it looses too much moisture, the moss may not like it.

Day 12
Leaving a gap by not covering the space between the hood and the upper part of the tank, the fungus has gone, without loss of humidity or temperature ;
what surprises me the most is the instant transition done by anubia from an immersed state ( coming from one of my other tanks, Tint the World, where it has been living for 1 year ) to emersed

20180317.jpg

Hello ! latest news :
- I've discovered a fogger, initially destined to be used in terrariums , which produces a very fine mist; it seems that it really boosted moss growth; problems is it shuts down after 2 hours and has to be restarted manually
- I've glued some stones on the back wall, which is from plastic, using some silicone and it worked

p110.jpg

p210.jpg

p310.jpg

Back