• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Spirulina turning shrimp red

I need to find an online photography course urgently. I am quite rubbish.

. P1010001.JPG P1010002.JPG P1010014.JPG

Attachments

• P1010015.JPG
    P1010015.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 220
  • P1010020.JPG
    P1010020.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 210
I managed to make !00% spirulina sinking tablets.But I am afraid shrimps did not show much interest the way I expected.They eat it but not the way they eat other fish-shrimp food.
I will to mix it with some other very fine shrimp food and try it again later.
And some photos...

P1010040.JPG P1010065.JPG P1010083.JPG P1010103.JPG P1010104.JPG P3110110.JPG P3110122.JPG P3110124.JPG P3140139.JPG

Tried a spirulina/Bacter AE mix with agar agar and the shrimp have went crazy fighting for it, best reaction of any food I've tried and are still there an hour later

IMG_20180318_233502-625x625.jpg

20180319_223109-756x1008.jpg

No worries :lol::thumbup:

Just wondering what the shelf life is on this now it's made up as it'll take a while to get through all of this, need to make in much smaller batches I think

Just wondering what the shelf life is on this now it's made up as it'll take a while to get through all of this,

Chuck it in the freezer. It will last some in there.

I actually made some homemade food yesterday for the first time ever. I put spirulina powder, pro-biotics, NLS algae max pellets, broccoli, carrots, spinach, garlic, paprika, turmeric, some frozen bloodworms and some frozen krill. I got a very good response and my clown loaches, beaufortia hillstream loaches, denison barbs, SAEs, corys, shrimp, etc...all accepted it rather well. But I guess some fish would eat anything :)

That's how mine looks:

20180319_144109.jpg

Just wondering how you made this up

Was really easy and you don't need a lot at all. I just made a mix of the spirulina and Bacter AE and added to water until I was happy with the consistency and then added agar agar as per the packet (tiny amount). Added it all to a saucepan and brought to the boil where it gets a bit thicker then into a plastic tub to set at room temperature (was set in about 10min but takes about 30-60min to fully set through), before sticking in the freezer (as per SF's suggestion) I cut it up into smaller bits and job done

Was really easy and you don't need a lot at all. I just made a mix of the spirulina and Bacter AE and added to water until I was happy with the consistency and then added agar agar as per the packet (tiny amount). Added it all to a saucepan and brought to the boil where it gets a bit thicker then into a plastic tub to set at room temperature (was set in about 10min but takes about 30-60min to fully set through), before sticking in the freezer (as per SF's suggestion) I cut it up into smaller bits and job done
Old topic, yet interesting. I know that agar agar needs to be boiled else it won't become a gel. This said, wont the boiling kill all bacteria in the Bacter AE?

I tried a similar recipe in the past but with gelatin. It was not for shrimps but for snails. I added spinach, spirulina, egg shell etc. It was a total failure as the gelatin completely liquified once added into the tank. I had to throw it all.

I bought some 500 grams 100% pure organic spirulina. At that time I paid ~56 USD and it is enough for a lifetime plus it is also for human consumption since it is not fish food specific. They are now selling it for 10USD less here <..https://healthfoodthailand.com/en/superfoods/905-spirulina-organic-500-gram.html..>
Granted this is a store in Thailand but I am sure you can find similar products in the USA/Europe and most probably for way cheaper.

Back