• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Wabukusa fertilising regime

sudeepraju

Seedling
Hi guys , I have been in the played tank hobby for about a year now and was thinking of doing a wabikusa, however it's difficult to find good resourses to read on them. Once the wabikusa is set up do any one of you follow a particular dosing regimen like ei dosing in a planted tank. All I could find online is to use ADA brightly green but I would like to avoid them as they are expensive. Would a weakened ei dosing with npk and micro nutrients work. If so is there a dosing regimen?

Also what is the maintenance on a wabikusa, waterchange? Misting?

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hi,

I have a couple of terrariums you can see on my profile picture, it is the easiest thing to look after, I never mist it, have never added any fertz. Because it is sealed it has its own water cycle, this will be different in a WK if it is open top. Main thing to consider is plant choice. What plants are you planning on having a go with?

Thanks

Matt

Hi,

I have a couple of terrariums you can see on my profile picture, it is the easiest thing to look after, I never mist it, have never added any fertz. Because it is sealed it has its own water cycle, this will be different in a WK if it is open top. Main thing to consider is plant choice. What plants are you planning on having a go with?

Thanks

Matt
Mostly I plan to use hc Cuba as small carpet or some similar carpeting plants with some staurgyne repens and alternanthera reinckii mini . Also plan to have a small rock in between. The list for plants is just what I am considering at the moment.

Do you use just the substrate below or do you add a layer of gravel below the substrate or is it wabi ball you made?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I used a mixture of normal potting compost mixed with some old gritty substrate JBL Manado. I used this because of the gritty texture, It is all just mixed in together underneath and capped with the Manado. I have S.Repens and that does very well emmersed. I'm sure AR Mini would also do emersed.
https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/aquatic-plant-terrarium.50903/

The link is from months ago when I first planted it, I don't mist it anymore it just grows, completely filled out with plants now, got flowers on the Anubias and also on the S.Repens.

Back