• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Light screen

Want some?

• Not a chance

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Want!

Votes: 18 50.0%

• Total voters
Aquarium stuff would be so much cheaper without the need for IP65 or IP67 water resistance rating :rolleyes:

Shipping from JP to DK is between 1000 and 2000 Euro for a 30 ft shipping container, so enough people getting together and shipping things together will make it worth it

But the Chinese can sell us lots of cheap stuff, the shipping to Europe can't cost a whole lot more from Japan than from China.

Smaller items are easier and cheaper to ship. Also the Chinese government subsidizes shipping.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

There are some water resistant panels as well
http://www.zloneled.com/sale-614939...nel-lighting-600-1200mm-54w-60w-72-w-90w.html

The first link's vendor has 600*600 WR panels for £50+VAT . I checked with their web chat guy You can guess ADA's profit margin.
I do not think shipment can be an excuse for excessive prices. It is a highway robbery. They mark the prices because they know someone will pay.On the other hand it is a very small market and numbers are really low. I dont know. I cant justify to spend that much money.

Last edited:
In general the finish & material quality (& QC) on ADA brand is far better than the knock-offs, development & marketing costs are also bypassed by mimic companies

ADA Distribution has been pretty much nonexistent here for a couple years, lfs have sourced alternate "optiwhite" tanks that retail at much the same price as ADA counterparts, but silicon work, glass joins, clarity are all lesser
I don't care much about the ADA sticker except as an indicator of a certain level of standard, there's loads of ADA product that doesn't interest me, but now I wish I'd replaced my older (with some scratches) glass tanks

There are some water resistant panels as well
http://www.zloneled.com/sale-614939...nel-lighting-600-1200mm-54w-60w-72-w-90w.html

The first link's vendor has 600*600 WR panels for £50+VAT . I checked with their web chat guy You can guess ADA's profit margin.
I do not think shipment can be an excuse for excessive prices. It is a highway robbery. They mark the prices because they know someone will pay.On the other hand it is a very small market and numbers are really low. I dont know. I cant justify to spend that much money.

But the products aren't really comparable - a framed LED screen is not something I'm looking to add to my frameless, rimless aquarium ;) and the technology/construction/shipping cost will differ significantly
You're right that product volume greatly impacts product cost

Where's the video demonstrating the product?

But the products aren't really comparable - a framed LED screen is not something I'm looking to add to my frameless, rimless aquarium ;) and the technology/construction/shipping cost will differ significantly
You're right that product volume greatly impacts product cost

Where's the video demonstrating the product?

Yeah I think you’re right on with product volume.
And even though ADA by a lot in the hobby is regarded as “The Rolls Royce” I don’t think they make nearly the amount of money other brands like Eheim or Fluval do. They are basicly making products for a market that consists of a niche within a niche.

The video is in the original post btw.

The video is in the original post btw.
Thanks I did see the ADA video (I like that they're doing more ADA system videos now, eg Jurijs series), easy to see that I'd need the correct rimless tank & how the screen looks in action

Daneland suggested an alternate product that would deliver a similar effect for much less $$$$ but I just don't see it working the same, a (manufacturer) video would be an effective product demonstration

Just to drag this one back up.

As there is no 120cm option for the ADA panel and Ive got a Phillips HUE lightstrip plus handy I was thinking of trying a DIY effort with a frosted panel of acrylic.

Does anyone know the lighting layout within the ADA panel? i.e. is is a single strip underneath lighting up into the panel or are they positioned on all sides??

Just to drag this one back up.

As there is no 120cm option for the ADA panel and Ive got a Phillips HUE lightstrip plus handy I was thinking of trying a DIY effort with a frosted panel of acrylic.

Does anyone know the lighting layout within the ADA panel? i.e. is is a single strip underneath lighting up into the panel or are they positioned on all sides??

They are positioned on all sides around the edges

Back