• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What kind of deficiency is this

Abdo22

Seedling
Hello

What kind of deficiency is this ?!
04-04-2018...jpg
Now

01-03-2018.jpg
Before 1 month

this tank is 3 months old 04/01/2018

04-04-2018..jpg
04-04-2018.jpg

In the first month the plants grew perfectly
and then all of them have been stopped

I use ADA Soil and DIY co2

I Change water every weekly 25% mixed RO and tap water

no fertilizer

Lighting : 7 watt LED
Tank : 3.4 gallon (13 Litre)

Also my tank has algae issues

In terrestrial plants or even in floaters, leaves turning purple is most likely a phosphate defficiency.. Once experienced it myself with the floater Hygroriza aristata turning purple. Never seen this symptom with submersed plants, not even the ones i do not fertilize. Tho i do not use CO².

But in your case 3 months old and no ferts and adding co2 it most likely is a defficiency.. Not sure if adding P only is the overall solution.. Rather go with a complete fert schedule regime.. :) It likely will also be benefitial against your algae issues. :)

In terrestrial plants or even in floaters, leaves turning purple is most likely a phosphate defficiency.. Once experienced it myself with the floater Hygroriza aristata turning purple. Never seen this symptom with submersed plants, not even the ones i do not fertilize. Tho i do not use CO².

But in your case 3 months old and no ferts and adding co2 it most likely is a defficiency.. Not sure if adding P only is the overall solution.. Rather go with a complete fert schedule regime.. :) It likely will also be benefitial against your algae issues. :)

Thank you man

I will try first with phosphorus liquid from seachem and i will see
but i have now flourish and iron and potassium seachem but i did not using them yet

I have 3 tank same the problem
all of them have been stopped

I noticed you have pretty spectacular hair algae as well. This points to low CO2 conc and poor implementation, as well as low nutrient levels, and maybe your water changes ain't substantial enough. And as far as the algae is concerned high organics as well.

I noticed you have pretty spectacular hair algae as well. This points to low CO2 conc and poor implementation, as well as low nutrient levels, and maybe your water changes ain't substantial enough. And as far as the algae is concerned high organics as well.

This algae
I think that because the plants stopped

That's probably a fair observation, but they've probably stopped growing because of issues with CO2, and fertz.
Aim for lime green drop checker at lights on and all the way till lights off. Also try and get good stable CO2 throughout the photoperiod, make sure water circulation is good throughout the tank.
Revise your fertz regime, maybe you need to increase the dose, and increase your water changes to 50% once a week to reduce the organics. And make sure your filter is clean.

P.S. What light are you using and at what intensity and duration, that might need reducing as well.

That's probably a fair observation, but they've probably stopped growing because of issues with CO2, and fertz.
Aim for lime green drop checker at lights on and all the way till lights off. Also try and get good stable CO2 throughout the photoperiod, make sure water circulation is good throughout the tank.
Revise your fertz regime, maybe you need to increase the dose, and increase your water changes to 50% once a week to reduce the organics. And make sure your filter is clean.

P.S. What light are you using and at what intensity and duration, that might need reducing as well.

I use LED light
6.9 Watt 26 CM
very good lighting
from this :

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Nic...f449-43c9-a6a9-e4daa8922cd4&priceBeautifyAB=0

5 to 8 hours daily

I think the purple is from the lights?

I was lazy to type on my phone but from your picture it looks like the new growth is bleached, meaning you have a micro deficiency and it is most certainly iron. But since no ferts are dosed at all, you may want to just dose everything. Iron is the most common micronutrient deficiency. I've been reading the same applies even in aquaculture.

and DIY co2

Is because of temperatur changes and depletion of activity extremely difficult to keep stable. It is not impossible to do a good job with it, but only if you are extremely determined and on top of it monitoring it a few times every day again and again.. :)

Co2 from a pressurized bottle already is a chalange to get correct, DIY Co2 might be a simpler way to make and get it setting you on the wrong foot thinking its the very easy and cheap way for beginners. But on the contrary it is 10x more difficult to run a planted tank on it properly you need to be very experienced with it. :thumbup:

Back