• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

thegreenmachineonline

ADA began with manufacturing in Germany & Japan, though I believe most product manufacture is now moved to China

Hi - it seems that compared to the experience of some here with TGM, I've had very quick service from them. The ADA aqua soil I ordered came right away. But I really don't get this closing at the weekend idea?

Well after saying how good an experience I'd always had, yeah you guessed it! I ordered last week but nothing heard, seems they lost my order but once I complained they managed to find it. When can I expect my delivery? Not this month, first week in April at best by the sound of it, not impressed. I think that will be my last order with them, better service can be had elsewhere

Well after saying how good an experience I'd always had, yeah you guessed it! I ordered last week but nothing heard, seems they lost my order but once I complained they managed to find it. When can I expect my delivery? Not this month, first week in April at best by the sound of it, not impressed. I think that will be my last order with them, better service can be had elsewhere

Sounds like you jinxed yourself! Sorry to hear about your order, its so frustrating, I know exactly how you feel. :(

seems they lost my order but once I complained they managed to find it.

Well i called and they couldn't find my order. After few minutes with sounds '' hmmmm aaaa hmmm ahmmm ... '' they find it and promised to dispatch it right away.
just what on earth is happening in that place

When it comes to plants, a better service and cheaper plants can be had elsewhere.

It was TGM's website and their videos that really got me interested in aquascaping.

Their videos are their shop front and cannot be cheap to make. Based on their location, the majority of their clients must visit via the web rather than in person.

Having said that, I love visiting their store and will miss the opportunity to visit now they're closed at the weekends. I can't see me taking a day's holiday to visit. If they only opened one weekend in four.

The ADA gallery in Nigata doesn't appear to be open many days. There's probably little push from ADA to have long opening times.

If we only buy cheap books from Amazon, you can't complain if your local book shop closes. You can buy cheaper from purely on line sellers, but would the hobby be worse off without the value adding services that suppliers such as TGM provide. I think the hobby would be worse off if TGM disappeared.

With plant suppliers, unless they operate a just in time system from the plant growers (or supply culture plants), their holding tanks have to be sterile and have a fast turnover of stock, or you won't provide healthy plants and a good service, particularly to beginners. If you are an expert plant keeper, you may be able to bring plants on quickly in your store. However, if high CO2 is disguising algae issues, you'll only pass this on to the customer and the beginner can end up with an algae outbreak.

I can see why improving your ordering and supply system may help to run a leaner, just in time service, keeping stock to a minimum and helping to ensure you can supply healthy, algae free plants. Hope they have the back office systems to support this.

I've been very pleased with the other suppliers I've bought plants from most recently, but I'll continue to buy from TGM as I do not want them to disappear,

TGM as I do not want them to disappear,
Agree! - it would be very sad to see them go, hope they sort something out re the weekend closures, maybe email & request they consider one Saturday a month :)

My area has seen the loss of several aquarium shops in the last couple of years ... it's very difficult for a brick & mortar shop to compete with online shops

I have emailed TGM and suggested they open one Saturday in four. With their website and emailed newsletter they should be able to publicise opening dates easily. I even suggested that they run a live demo or tutorial on their open days to make them more popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say i ordered from them again and this time everything went smoothly.

I have had an email back from TGM.

They have definitely taken the decision not to open at weekends, to focus on their online business, which is expanding.

They have a new video out, about how to maintain one of their aquariums, in preparation for a photo shoot.

Copied from TGM email. I took this to be that the physical shop is closing. However, not clear whether James is soon to launch a book. I took it to mean that they would provide an online store only, supported by videos.

TGM Shop Closing, Aquascapign Book Coming Soon!
It has been our pleasure providing a physical space for aquascaping goods and advice for the past 11 years since our beginning back in 2007. The Green Machine shop has been a real adventure for all involved but it's placement in North Wales has not been easy for all of our clients and fans to reach.

James Findley and our team have decided to close our physical shop which means we are running a huge sale for a limited time while we partially clear our warehouse. We won't be restocking products, so be quick if you want to avoid disappointment.

Moving forward, this will allow us to focus on providing aquascaping information and videos on our website and video channels which are enjoyed by millions of people around the world every day. You can look forward to new content published more frequently.

A word from James...

"It is with mixed feelings that I have decided to close our shop in North Wales.

My book containing my complete knowledge of the hobby will be published shortly and will be available both digitally and in hard copy.

I am approaching 63 years of age and wish to spend more of my time with my wife, my family and my friends.

May I take this opportunity to thank everybody for their loyal support over the past eleven years.

Over the coming months The Green Machine will be offering some fantastic discounts with a view to clearing our warehouse, in particular our wide range of hardscape materials will be offered at 50% discount and other remarkable bargains will also be available.

I will be signing the first 100 hardbacks.

Once again thanks to everybody for your loyalty and belief in what we have done here at TGM."

James Findley

Back