• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help with scape

Kevin2016

B1D3ABDB-57C5-4BC9-B45A-CAE7AF31ED89.jpeg E2C11F81-818E-4044-A35F-5252EAEB28AE.jpeg 4E049782-2D79-44EA-8D3B-F4D7798B0F10.jpeg 5AC8E37B-1EF6-46AF-8DC3-10DEE960CA77.jpeg
Hi all,

I’m looking for some help with my “scape”.

It’s a aquatlantis aquarium 102x45x65 (250 liter). With pressured co2, EI index.

I like the right side of the aquarium, the seiryu stones the plants , its somehow relaxing. The left side, feels like chaotic. Though I like the wood with the ferns.

The middle, well, still don’t know what to do with that.

So I want to change the left side and middle.

Some ideas:
Left side: Instead of the tennelus, needle grass like the right side. Remove the Hydrocotyle (?). Remove the Elodea Densa, instead cyperus helferi.

Or, remove the big wood, more seiryu stones, some smaller driftwood between. I just don’t want to remove the ferns.

Middle: maybe another stone with blyxa japonica. Instead of the alternanthera rosaefolia, limnophila hippuridoides with the green color of the lobelia cardinalis I think would be great. Or cyperus helferi, eleocharis vivipara more dense plants.

So many ideas, can you guys help me with some ideas?

Kind regards
Kevin

Kevin

I like the right side of the aquarium, the seiryu stones the plants , its somehow relaxing. The left side, feels like chaotic. Though I like the wood with the ferns.

I totally disagree the LH side has that semi wild appeal plus you can admire it easily. All I like on the RH side is those two rocks as they have plenty of character. Those two larger stones would look even better there instead of those there at the moment

So many ideas, can you guys help me with some ideas?

I have only one idea strip everything from center and right hand side including that useless pathway its a waste of good planting area.
One starting point would be start building the substrate up at least 15cm at the back LH corner.

Keith:wave::wave:

b1d3abdb-57c5-4bc9-b45a-cae7af31ed89-jpeg.jpg

Thanks Keith and Petra for the honest answers, i appreciate it. Great to see everyone has an own taste :).

I have a idea, i could follow Keith his advice to lift the substrate for like 15 cm, then i have to digg the wood a little bit deeper into the substrate, no problem.
Place some more driftwood here and there with rocks placed naturally around it. (attachment). Place the lobelia cardinalis around the new placed woods. Probably i have to get some more of those and fill up the empty places.
I love the Lobelia, nice green color, easy to grow. I have something to do this weekend :D.

IMG_0005_LI.jpg

Small question: I use pool sand (filter sand), when i’m adding 15 cm of sand, won’t it create pockets of gas? Will it be to thick ? In total it would be like 25 cm I think. (Attachment)
7392E573-0639-41F9-B83F-95DB3747756B.jpeg

Back