• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fx4

Warren

Anyone know with the fx4 of you are able to add clear tubing as an alternative to the black piping. As wanting to setup an opti white rank. As the black nozzles and intakes versus a lily pipe I assume wouldn't look too great.

Just be aware that those clear ones get dirty fast, and they're not fun to clean out.

The other issue with FX4 (and FX6) alternative piping is that for FX4 the alternative PVC tubing is 19/25mm. You can also get 19/22 PVC tube (standard wall) but is very very prone to kinking and crimping and folding. At these diameters it is also better to get reinforced PVC tubing to prevent kinking.

You will have severe difficulties bending round 19/25mm tubing over the rim of your tank, unlike Fluval flexi 19mm supplied tubing, so you will be looking at making something like this to get into the tank.
over-the-top-with-outlet-jpg.1284411

I was looking at running a fx4 or 6, looked high and low but there are no glass or stainless pipes to fit this size tube you will need to reduce it down from the 25mm tube to 16/22 which will reduce the flow... in the end may as well get a filter that runs 16/22 mm pipe stock.

I did a pipe clean out last week and it took about 6 hours to strip it all the pipework out clean them all and refit. had couple of minor leaks on first fit. But my tank is a room divider so it is tricky as all pipes fit in very narrow space

upload_2018-4-27_16-19-39.png

Back