• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Return of the Shallow

Wow what a stunner , i tore mine down due to lack of time etc but with kids in school now i am thinking what to do haha hope looks half as good as that tim well done.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind comments guys :)

@David Edwards I'm sure your scape will look stunning too ;)

@CooKieS S. repens can be a bit tricky. Mine's been completely hacked back a couples of times. It just makes it grow stronger and more compact.

@alto The baseboard is kaput, but it doesn't matter, it can be replaced cheaply.

@Jayefc1 I'm going to need a new shallow tank after this as well. I don't think I dare try and fill it again :eek:

@Edvet Ed, Don't say that, I'm still in the process of tearing it down :confused:

@Deano3 Watch this space, I'm going to scape a 45P, the plan is to keep it low maintenance.

Kinda', I found a section - back left - at the top where the silicon has gone, about 5 mm or so. If I fill it brimful it leaks :meh:
As for the Cube Gardens - I took advantage of TGM closing down sale ;)

Amazing read, love the hard scape, literally exactly what I’m going for!

Shame you had to break it down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a hardscape that was, incredible attention to detail with the rock and wood fitting lust like they grew together......

These are the last pics of this scape. I was going to give it a stay of execution but either the tank has sprung a slow leak or I over filled it by accident.
Either way, the upshot is that the baseboard has absorbed water and swelled, which has forced my hand somewhat.

As a result the tank has been jacked up at the back by about 6mm, and I'm worried the uneven force will crack the tank and result in catastrophic failure.
I've taken the hardscape out and lowered the water level, to hopefully relieve some tension till I can sort out a temp home for the critters and plants I want to keep for the next scape.

Pics were taken in a hurry with my iPhone, so not the best...:meh:

41788572582_ff617c0e73_b.jpg

41114044344_b3d6733ac1_b.jpg

41788573262_afbd0de91d_b.jpg

41114046084_c2983e89df_b.jpg

41788570272_5dc7093780_b.jpg

......and the final result is absolutely outstanding with plant health and composition on par with any aquascaper around. Absolute cracker mate.

Thanks Ady, that's really kind of you to say so. I enjoyed building it. Somehow, I got it all to work without having to cut or break up any of the rocks, still don't know how though o_O

Thanks Ady, that's really kind of you to say so. I enjoyed building it. Somehow, I got it all to work without having to cut or break up any of the rocks, still don't know how though o_O
Skill and intuition.
I never like cutting or breaking wood or rocks, just prefer to make them work and fit.....that said I have one piece of wood left unused and have 2 areas in my tank I feel could do with extra wood for balance so maybe I’ll break the rule ;)
Honestly though, that scape was impeccable with stunning hardscape and subsequent plant health, a cracking journal.

Back